Any one own one of these?

Discussion in 'Guns & Ammo' started by PMan, Feb 4, 2006.

1. PMan

PMan Retired

Dec 3, 2002
    mossberg 410 model 183d-c

This shotgun has been in my family since way back when. It was the first shotgun that I ever fired. It was lost for several years and not a single family member could remember anything about it at all------WELL about 5 years ago My uncle passed away and guess what we found in his closet out in Utah-----This was my Grandfathers---and my uncle left a not inside the case telling me to make sure and keep this in the family.

I cant find out a lot about this weapon other then they made them up until about 1970. Its a cip fed colt action 4-10.

2. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Wow.. thats a neat piece. I'd hang on to it pman!

3. spm26191

spm26191 New Member

Oct 13, 2005
    Mexico, MO
    My bro in law has one, but not nearly as nice. His sits in the garage as a "just in case" gun.

4. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    NICE

I'll bet it's full of memories... :cheers:

5. PMan

PMan Retired

Dec 3, 2002
    Oh Man!!!!!:roll2:

6. Crappie

Crappie Slab Master

Thats a Beauty

7. Dave160&2/8

Dave160&2/8 Guest

makes you think of what people really have stored away in places they have forgotten about

8. glennasher1

glennasher1 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Radcliff, KY
    I got a 1963 Gun Digest here, it says they sold for $39.95 new in '63, and that they were 5 1/2 pounds, and not a lot more, except that the wood was real walnut. They don't generate any collector interest, except maybe with the Mossberg Collectors Association. Bolt action shotguns were serviceable and inexpensive, but awkward to use, at least, if you needed a second shot. Heckuva rabbit and squirrel gun, though.

9. sand_manms

sand_manms New Member

Dec 13, 2005
    South Mississippi
    That is the same type of gun I learned to hunt with and was the first gun I shot. It belonged to my grandfather and he passed it to my uncle. My uncle asked us to keep it till his son got old enuff to own it. My cousin died a few years ago and I have no idea where it is now.

10. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    very cool ernie!

11. Bricky

Bricky Active Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Bonne Terre Mo.
    the one i have dont have the c on it
    mossberg 410 model 183d
    but it does have a screw on choke witch i hane not seen befor

12. PMan

PMan Retired

Dec 3, 2002
    Mine does also brike----------;)

13. Bricky

Bricky Active Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Bonne Terre Mo.
    what is the diff. when it has the -c

14. That's an awesome piece Pman! Thanks for sharing the pick, I love seeing the old guns in great condition.

BTH

15. PMan

PMan Retired

Dec 3, 2002
    I dont have a clue----:stickfight:

16. 8 point

8 point New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    SW MO
    We have one just like it the boys hunt with good old gun. 8 popint:roll2:

17. I used to have one just like it in a 16 gauge. It had the screw on chokes and 2 round clip. And kicked like a mule even with light loads. Good ooking gun!

chad