Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This antelope hunt has given me the bug. I am looking to try and find some ranchers or landowners out west that I may get access to bowhunt. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
i wouldn't mind to know a few more my self
but realisticly i would look to public land that is what i am planing when i go after goats one of these days there is tons of public land out west and its not bad hunting at all if you do your home work thats the only way we hunt elk and we do very well. :D

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
I'm getting ready to leave for Colorado and have talked to my friend there about doing an Pronghorn hunt. He has a couple of businesses and knows a lot of people. I hope we can hook up with a rancher to do a hunt next year.

·
Registered
66 Posts
In Colorado, you need to draw for antelope tags; the western part of the state has some awesome 'goat hunting, but it's pretty much all locked up by private. The landowners and ranchers are sitting on a goldmine and they know it. Getting access for a trespass fee is tough, as most of the hunts are guided by an outfitter. All mule deer tags are by draw as well, but that's not saying you can't find some decent enough tags via the leftovers after the drawing is complete. Flip me a PM if you have any questions.

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
I have a relative in Kimmerer Wyoming. He doesn't own much ground, but knows alot of people who do. My dad used to antelope hunt every fall out there and through my relative had thousands of acres to hunt. Not sure what the situation is now but I'm guessing it's still good.

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
hoyt shooter you need to set us up for a hunt then man gee wiz come on man :rotfl:

·
Registered
97 Posts
I've hunted Wyoming for the last three years, and I can tell you that they love hunters to come and hunt. I've hunted the same land every year and the lady is a super person that owns the land. It's not hard to find ground to hunt that's Private, just need to do your homework. First thing you need to do is call the Sheriden, WY Game and Fish Dept. and ask for a list of landowners that allow hunting on there land. They'll send you a list for Antelope and Deer, when you get the list you'll need to call the land owners to get permission to hunt. Most of them will charge an access fee, but not much! Calling the land owners one after another gets old, but it does pay off in the end. Another way is to call the Game Warden for the Area's, they know these landowners and can get you in the right direction. I'll tell you right now, they have a ton of BLM land to hunt as well in Wyoming. Keep this in mind, you'll love hunitng the "prairie goat". I wish I was going back this year, but the I have a African Safari planned for next year, so I need to save my money. Let me know if you have any questions!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts