Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one know anything about these pistols, they are cheap,
just thought might buy one to have a extra one around just in case. I like cheap, and Im not planning on shooting thousands of rounds through it. The picture is of a 9mm
compact that shows 149.95 for a price on line.

HI-Point C-9 Compact Pistol, 00916, Black Finish, ... +
Fobus Standard Paddle Holster, RH, HP2... = 170.94
Hi Point Firearms® (MKS®)

The Hi Point® C-9 Compact Pistol is sleek in design and is productive too. With a non glare military black finish that is scratch resistant, the Hi Point® C-9 Compact Pistol offers you a lightweight, minimal recoil weapon. Made with a high tech polymer frame, the Hi Point® C-9 Compact Pistol is strong and durable to give you shooting pleasure for years to come.

Hi Point® C-9 Compact Pistol
Manufacturer Number: 00916
Action: Semi Automatic
Caliber: 9MM
Barrel Length: 3 1/2 Inch
Capacity: 8 Round
Safety: Thumb
Grips: Polymer
Sights: Low Profile 3-Dot Adjustable

Hi-Point Hand Guns (Pistols)
HI-Point Polymer Pistol, 34510, Black Finish, 45 ACP Caliber, 9 Round Capacity, 3-Dot Sights, Double ...

More Info Buy Now

HI-Point Polymer Pistol, 34011L, Black Finish, 40 S&W Caliber, Double Action,10 Round Capacity, 3-D ...

More Info Buy Now

HI-Point Polymer Pistol, 34010, Black Finish, 40 S&W Caliber, Double Action, 10 Round Capcity, 3-Dot ...

More Info Buy Now

1 Mag Semi-automatic 4.5" 9Rd Fired Case Black Polymer 45 ACP Hi-Point Firearms 45ACP/P 3 Dot Full D ...

More Info Buy Now

HGA 40 4.5in BL ...

More Info Buy Now

HI-Point Polymer Pistol, 34511L, Black Finish, 45 ACP Caliber, Double Action, 9 Round Capacity, 3-Do ...

[file]97724[/file]

·
Registered
32,769 Posts
You will get basically two different oppinions.

Junk

And

Decent

I have never shot one, but, I have talked to some people that have. The don't like them very much. Thats about all I can say.

Personally, I think they are fugly.

G

·
RMR I have owned two different ones and I have loved them both ( the only reason I do not have them anymore is I needed the money and sold them )

They are top heavy until you get a loaded magizine in them.

I never had one bit of problem out of them and I had the 9 MM for just over three year and the .45ACP for just over two years

:cheers:

·
Retired
9,542 Posts
Most all autos in a Compact model tear the hide off my hand between my thumb and index finger---------Fire one before you buy it---make sure it fits your hand----:cheers::cheers:

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Cheaper end Mark, I would check out Ruger or Taurus. Both of them are MUCH more reliable than what you are looking at.

"cycles without jamming" is probably where you would get disappointed. :D And you can plan on the trigger pull being very poor.

Parker

G

·
Actually Parker the trigger pull on this guns are not all that bad ( well at least the one that I had was not that bad )

:cheers:

·
Chiefs FANatic
10,799 Posts
I pulled the trigger it went boom. Not sure on the accuracy cause I am not a great pistol shooter. But, the pistol itself didn't impress me much. If you currently own a better one you will probably not like it. Definitely need to get to a dealer and handle a few to see what ya think.

·
Baller, shot caller
11,063 Posts
They aren't bad, really. Had one in .40 S&W. Ran probably 300 rounds through it, never had a jam one. Dad's got one in 9mm, it's not bad but it won't cycle if you "limpwrist". That's about all I know. The .40 I had would go bang every time and was fairly accurate.

Of course, compairing it to my 1911 is like compairing a Yugo to a Ferrari.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
:whiteflag: I see Ruger and Taurus are not as cheap as they used to be. :rof2:

You could get that gun and give it a whirl. If you like shooting it, you'll only have one direction to go for a replacement for better shooting. :cheers:

KelTec makes some REALLY good compact guns. :cheers:

Parker

·
Baller, shot caller
11,063 Posts
Mark, if you keep your eyes peeled, you can probably find a Ruger P95 for $300. It's far and away a better pistol and not a whole lot more money. I picked up one on sale for $299 a couple months ago and am pretty happy with it.

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am not a big pistol, person, a news person once ask a Texas Ranger why he had his pistol , at a news conference
or a meeting of some kind , are you expecting trouble,
he said lady if I was expecting trouble I would have brought my rifle, thats kind of the way I am , I just thought for the money it would be fun to play with.
thanks for the feed back so far, I think I have enough to give it a whirl. if I can get my dealer to find one at my price.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Mark I woul spend at least $100 more or go a used one of these shot many and for the money this is a nice little gun?

Kel-Tec P11 Semi-Automatic Pistol, P11, Blue Finish, Double Action Only, 9 MM Caliber, 3.1 Inch Barrel, 10 Round Capacity, Hammer Block Safety, Polymer Grips, 3-Dot Sights

to each his own jus my :02:
can pick them up used for around $150.00
:2thumbsup:

·
19,584 Posts
might buy one to have a extra one around just in case
Don't take this wrong Mark, but...price isn't what you should be most concerned with, when shopping for a home defense or CCW pistol.

Neither does it need to have all the bells & whistles....fancy finish, match-grade barrel & trigger, etc, etc...

Safe, functional & reliable are of the utmost importance, though...for you and your family.

I suggest that you look at used pistols/revolvers. You can pick up a nice, dependable used pistol at a more affordable price, than buying new.

My :02:

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
There are plenty of other reasonably priced semi-auto pistols out there that a Hi Point just doesn't make much sense. Check out offerings from Bersa, or see if you can still find any of the Smith & Wesson Sigma's on sale. They recently ran a promo on the Sigmas where you could buy the gun for $299 and then get a $50 mail in rebate. They are far and away a vastly superior gun to the Hi Point. Same with the Bersa - a MUCH better made gun than the Hi Point.

Now if an overly-high bore axis, top heavy, pot-metal slide gun is your thing, then you may want to consider the Hi Point.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
[rquote=1601179&tid=111018&author=Parker]:wave: Drive over this way this spring, and we'll head to the range. I've got several you can give a run.

Parker[/rquote]

I can also extend that offer, if you make it my direction....I can show ya Glock and 1911.:cheers::wave:

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
I have the exact same Hi Point. Its not the best looking pistol I own but it has never failed to feed or fire. It all depends on what you want to do with it. I bought mine to take fishing and mushroom hunting. You never know when you might run into a snake (there is all kinds of snakes)! For that purpose it is great. I have a fobus paddle holster for it and it carries nice. Now i wanted to carry a ccw it would be my Ruger security 6. When I **** the hammer on it I know it is loaded and it will go bang. I like to keep it simple for high stress situations.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.