Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious as to any opinions on these places. Please give some insight and or experiences. Thanks.

· ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,454 Posts
I've never hunted Columbia Bottoms, but there is a lot of open land south of the entrance road. There are some wooded areas near the sleuth, but I walked through there once and it's more of a hiking trail than anything else. On the other side though there might be some possibility, but I've never been over there. I'm not sure if there is a way over there or not.

· Registered
6,021 Posts
fireman no one has been trying for as long as henry has :bangin:

rakeman just look at last years number of applicants and the succees rate every one wants swan like must be a reason right

enough said

· PURE KILLER
38,014 Posts
little bro has been drawn three times up there and hasn't killed one yet,not from lack of shooting at targets though.me i gave that place up a long time ago,i couldn't ever get drawn

· Super Moderator
7,809 Posts
We hunt just a short ways away from Swan Lake. I think the refuge hides all the big'uns in a barn during season. :rotfl: Good luck!

· Registered
5,424 Posts
I used to goose hunt at swan lake a few times, and it wasnt uncommon to see some monsters as you drove around the refuge to the blinds. me and Dad had a huge buck (at least 20 inch inside spread, and minumium 12 points) it tried to hide in cattails but you could see its rack above the cattails as it snuck away:eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.