Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ran into some buddies this weekend up at the lake this weekend and of course the topic went into deer talk.mainly antler growth.they have been playin with pen deer for the last several years,whick i kinda miss doing.but they have been using horse feed with opalene or homalene,one of those two or at least sounds like that if i remember right.it was a long night with the bud lite crew and some of things are a bit hazy in my mind.lol but they had some picture of last years two year olds that were unreal.then they popped some pictures of the growth they already have and if they keep growing like they are going now thery will flat out be monster three year olds.said some guy in ill.has been using for quite a while so they tried it.well i heading to the feed store today and buying me some of that stuff,any of you all ever used it?

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh i think horse feed has been around along time and i havn't seen dead horse's laying around every where and i'm sure deer having been eating it out of troughs for years also.the boys in ill. were injecting with needles and trying to make super deer.big difference.but thats just my opinion.:cheers:

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i thought about that.but the guys having been feeding for two years here and the guy in ill. 5.with no ill effects.actuality their fawn mortality has dropped to almost nothing.where in the past i would buy three or four fawns a year from them,now i't doesn't seem to happen,although they did lose one elk fawn,they believe the mom stomped it.so the does must be healthy with no lactating problems.the head gear is what they are impressed about.they do have good genetics one out of geromino bloodline so i'm sure that is a factor with the growth to a point,but the others are in the same class with him.but just as anything else whether the wild boys will eat it is a different story.but i put 500 pounds in my feeder to find out.won't be the first time i've tried something that ended as **** and tree rat bait:rotfl:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.