Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I just bought my first bow last month I was wondering if there are any KC area shops where I can take my bow and shoot it to have it tuned. Right now its hitting about 6 inches to the right at 20 yards but in good groups. I don't want to try and make a bunch of adjustments and end up messing it all up. I live in Oak Grove but don't mind driving to make sure its correct. Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
449 Posts
Move your site to the right until they are hitting where you want them, you wont mess it up. Just remember to follow your arrow if adjusting your site, if it is hitting right, move it right.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bow is a PSE Fireflight with the Top Gun F-18 sight. Kind of a cheapie but all I could afford and so far I am having fun. How much do I need to move the sight. I noticed that there are measurements on the sight to use as a guide. Chris

·
Registered
70,598 Posts
Follow hoytaholic's advice. If you need some professional help contact Earl Foster in Raytown. He can help you out. It may need to be paper tuned first. Earl owns BB Archery Sales. It is at 87th and Booth. Address is 8709 Booth, phone 816-763-2699 Good Luck

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll try and dial it in tomorrow afternoon and will report the results. The more reading I do the more I wonder if my bow's shooting like it should. Guess I just want the best performance I can get out of this bow and all the information out there is intimidating. Like the broadhead reviews, so many choices and opinions to go with them makes it hard to decide. Think I'm going with the Muzzy Phantom 100gr 4 blades. Chris

·
Registered
12,620 Posts
If you can't get to BB's while they are open, my hours are pretty flexible in the evenings and were not that far apart. I'll be glad to help ya out as much as I can. We can put it on paper and do a bit of tweaking. Just drop me a u2u or e-mail.

BTW welcome to MWT :wave::wave:

·
Registered
694 Posts
Just another option (I'm sure MoBowman does excellent work!)...

I grew up in Odessa. There is a guy by the name of Bill Cauthon out in Mayview that does great work on bows as well. The name of the place is Taboo Creek Archery. Don't have a phone # for him, but it should be in the book. I bought my Hoyt from him 10yrs ago and still shoot it to this day.

I'll forewarn you...he is a big fan of Hoyts!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.