Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
32,094 Posts
He might want to consider a handgun like a contender or scout. That way he can muzzleload hunt here in MO with it. Have him go ahead and start the suppressor application process now. Those big pistols are much more enjoyable with a can on the end.

· Registered
32,094 Posts
The pros and cons of Handi Rifle vs Scout is that the Scout is actually a decent rifle, at least the one I mounted a scope on and sighted in. Good trigger and it felt solid.
The Handi Rifle sux balz. Terrible accuracy, crappy trigger, and it felt like a toy.

Reactions: callaojoe

· Registered
32,094 Posts
TD. My point, but obviously you are too stupid to understand, is this has been in the works in IL for years and you admitted you didn’t know thing about it. Yet you proclaim to be such an arrogant expert on all subjects. The fact I didn’t know or care what the final outcome with regards to single shot or repeater is pointless in this discussion.
I admit that I have only known timberdoodle for about 30 years but I gotta say that is the first time I heard anybody call him arrogant. Learn something new everyday.

· Registered
32,094 Posts
Reactions: callaojoe and 20'

· Registered
32,094 Posts
Well, if I am pulling the trigger on a light, single shot rifle I don't agree that bigger is better. I see no reason to subject my body to more punishment for no good reason.

· Registered
32,094 Posts
As long as it’s single shot but I think .35 caliber is a good stopping point if you gonna have .350legend on list was the only reason. But I guess worded better it could just be any production single shot rifle. But to me I think muzzle loader and shot gun or just full on rifle season is really all a state should enforce. And I think it be best if all public land was just bow and crossbow only. Maybe some special draw hunts for gun so that limits the amount of people on a place. A bunch of hunters with rifles on public land is the least safe thing I can imagine hunting wise in this part of country,I want no part of it
How many people do you think have been accidently shot by a stranger on public land in the last 10 years? I can't swear to it but I bet the number is very close to zero. I read the incident investigation reports for many years and the vast majority of all accidents are self inflicted. The next most common is someone shooting someone in their party at close range while loading, unloading, etc. This big myth of people being shot by the orange army on public land is just that, a big myth.

· Registered
32,094 Posts
I can only think of that turkey hunter that shot someone in STC a couple years ago near the Katy trail, if memory serves.
Good point, I was talking about deer but didn't specify that. Turkey hunting is a different story. I turkey hunted a lot of public ground back in the day and I always put on orange when moving and usually wrapped a vest around the tree I was sitting against.

Reactions: 20'
1 - 7 of 7 Posts