Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Super Moderator
28,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the list for IL rifles that are legal next season. I will use my Browning Abolt slug or bow, but Jackson is liking the idea of getting his own for IL. Since these are now legal, I want to give him some insight on what options may be if he decides on something besides a slug gun.

I know little to nothing about any of these guns. Thanks in advance for feedback and top choices.

Font Material property Parallel Number Pattern

· Super Moderator
28,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
next question what scope would you guys suggest? I believes he understands the scope may likely be as important, or more important than the gun.......

· Super Moderator
28,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
The pros and cons of Handi Rifle vs Scout is that the Scout is actually a decent rifle, at least the one I mounted a scope on and sighted in. Good trigger and it felt solid.
The Handi Rifle sux balz. Terrible accuracy, crappy trigger, and it felt like a toy.
perfect, intel! Thanks!!!!

· Super Moderator
28,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Good Quality 3x9x40. On the cheaper end, Burris Full Field, or Vortex. One the bit nicer end, Leupold VX3..... I have a all of those, and they all work well. For my nicer rifles, I love the VX3's. But, my wife has the Burris Full Field on her .243, and she loves it, and it's performed flawlessly.
seems like this would be a nice topping.

VX-Freedom 3-9x40 350 Legend Duplex | Leupold

· Super Moderator
28,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·

· Super Moderator
28,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
In my opinion the #1 is on an entirely different level than the other guns being discussed.
that being a good thing, right? I don't think they are making them currently, I would be curious what they are going for currently?

Would this an enormous difference maker vs the CVA in the 450?

· Super Moderator
28,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
How many people do you think have been accidently shot by a stranger on public land in the last 10 years? I can't swear to it but I bet the number is very close to zero. I read the incident investigation reports for many years and the vast majority of all accidents are self inflicted. The next most common is someone shooting someone in their party at close range while loading, unloading, etc. This big myth of people being shot by the orange army on public land is just that, a big myth.
I can only think of that turkey hunter that shot someone in STC a couple years ago near the Katy trail, if memory serves.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts