Any experience with cellphone boosters/receivers?

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by mx1alex, Nov 3, 2010.

1. mx1alex

mx1alex #HFBO

Mar 26, 2008
    #HFBO
    We have very marginal cell service at the new house and were looking at what our options are for getting a better signal. Anybody have experience with boosters/repeaters?

2. mx1alex... What service do you have? I have AT&T and in some places in Fayette have great survice, but by the time I get to Triangle (hwy 3) I don't have any service until North of Glasgow.

3. mx1alex

mx1alex #HFBO

Mar 26, 2008
    #HFBO
    [rquote=1877629&tid=130781&author=DForbis]mx1alex... What service do you have? I have AT&T and in some places in Fayette have great survice, but by the time I get to Triangle (hwy 3) I don't have any service until North of Glasgow. [/rquote]

I'm on AT&T as well. We live off of FF NW of Fayette a few miles. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I can't really put a rhyme or reason to it.

4. Yeah that is the way it is over in that area. Doesn't make any sense at all. You are in a good area for some big deer!!

5. Reflex

Reflex Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sullivan, MO
    We have a couple at work and they work very well.

6. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
    Priced them when we moved,I was gonna get rid of the house phone but got lots of mixed reviews and the one I narrowed down was $300

7. mx1alex

mx1alex #HFBO

Mar 26, 2008
    #HFBO
    I have seen a pretty big price range from $300-$1,000.

8. USA

USA Active Member

Oct 31, 2006
    mx1alex, Did you end up getting a booster. I'm very interested as to how well they work also. I have coverage outside the home, but inside it's terrible. I need to do something. Currently with Tmobile and switching carriers would cost too much right now. Plus Tmobile has the best coverage where I'm at.

9. 67Firebird

67Firebird Chicken Man

Switching to Verizon would probably solve the problem.

10. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    I agree with GOGOP!

But we have had a few different ones (House, trucks) Nick works in the middle of nowhere! My suggestion.......... WILSON. They have been the best that we have ran across. The best advise I can give ya is stop at a truck stop and look at the Wilsons they have there. Their prices have been better than anywhere.