Antlers are falling, we had 3 bucks eating from our hands. 2 with bone 1 without

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting' started by Skduckhunt, Jan 3, 2018.

1. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Nope, not there. Even the flood of 93 didn't get to that point.

2. Sully

Sully Bait Plotter Extraordinar

Aug 28, 2007
    Truman lake , MO
    Always amazes my ... Most the bucks around here don't shed till almost march

3. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Sully... I'm not sure that these are the healthiest deer you've ever seen...

Skduckhunt likes this.
  4. callaojoe

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Well, the doe can't run outside the fence either, I am sure they all got bred first go-round. :D No need for horns once all the doe are preggers... :D

5. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Bred or in-bred?
    :D

Entirely possible that they arent getting sufficient nutrients, unless that fellar puts mustard on the hot dogs before he feeds them.

Skduckhunt likes this.
  6. callaojoe

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    If this was Arkansas, you wouldn't have to axe.... :D

7. bajabill

bajabill BDR529

Feb 16, 2012
    East Central MO
    You are not suggesting McD buried some leaky containers they should not have buried are you ? :eek:

8. Ringer

Ringer Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Mid MO
    I find sheds about every year in December while rabbit hunting. One of the biggest sets Ive found was a week before Christmas. They were laying right in his bed. But, I'd agree with you that most are in March. I've seen deer still packing in April and some deer out to their ears in Velvet by the end of April. I don't claim to know much about antler casting other than when they fall, they fall.

9. Dafish

Dafish Senior Member

Nov 24, 2010
    St. Peters
    Went to watch the deer and 2 guys in a golf cart inside the fence cruised by, then a security car came by, turned around at the corner, stopped an asked where to get cheap food for the deer. Another vehicle pulled up next to us and they got out to take pictures, in the mean time we decided to pick up other peoples trash. Then here comes a St. Charles truck with 2 guys in it. They stopped and watched us pick up trash, turned around n left.....an 8 & 10 still have antlers, 2 others did not...

Skduckhunt likes this.
  10. MOFish20

MOFish20 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Deep State
    Just drove by and saw a couple guys in the brush. Anyone recognize him? He said Oak Creek was booked.

[​IMG]

Dafish, Maddog3355 and Skduckhunt like this.