Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

101 - 120 of 155 Posts

·
Under appreciated
87,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
EEOC already stated that Federal law allows employers to mandate vaccination. Just like any mandate though, there are plenty of loopholes and they must accommodate according to ADA and religious reasons. I'm no lawyer but we have been monitoring this closely as a small business to ensure we play by the right rules. I'd imagine most lawsuits will be centered around reasonable accommodations for those not getting vaccinated. It is also a bit trickier since the "vaccine" is still not yet FDA approved. We have no plans of mandating it, but we have clients that will mandate staff on site be vaccinated, that makes things difficult.
EEOC Issues New Guidance for Mandatory and Voluntary COVID-19 Vaccine Programs
So this is curious to me. Do your clients that mandate staff to be vaccinated require some proof of that vaccination?

·
Under appreciated
87,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Yes, when we are working at their facility.
So, you show them a doctors note or something? What form does the proof take?

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
So, you show them a doctors note or something? What form does the proof take?
PCR test results from within 72 hour window of us showing up on-site, and documentation that full vaccination was completed 2 weeks prior to us showing up on-site.

·
Under appreciated
87,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
PCR test results from within 72 hour window of us showing up on-site, and documentation that full vaccination was completed 2 weeks prior to us showing up on-site.
Is there something really sensitive about the occupation you have, if you dont mind sharing? I'm just curious how this relates to Joe blow. I have some hoops I have to jump through to be on site but nothing about my medical history. Just a temperature check and a form to fill out saying I swear on a stack of bibles I havent felt ill lately.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Is there something really sensitive about the occupation you have, if you dont mind sharing? I'm just curious how this relates to Joe blow. I have some hoops I have to jump through to be on site but nothing about my medical history. Just a temperature check and a form to fill out saying I swear on a stack of bibles I havent felt ill lately.
I am directly involved with the facilities producing the covid vaccines along with other medicines. That's the short and sweet version.

·
Under appreciated
87,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
I am directly involved with the facilities producing the covid vaccines along with other medicines. That's the short and sweet version.
Oh, well that makes sense then.

·
1,358 Posts
My wife works very closely with HIPPA law and they are saying that mandating this as a condition of employment is a violation and would easily be beaten back.
That is a slippery slope also. They going to ask if I have diabetes on a job application and turn me down if I do?
My work (In StL and a big company) started calling today and asking if we were vaccinated. It is coming...

Here is the kicker. My workplace is going to DISCRIMINATE if you aren't vaccinated by mandating you continue wearing a mask. Tell me how the hell that is even legal...

To top it off, if you tell them you are vaccinated they are mandating proof of vaccination.

·
1,167 Posts
So far ours have only been by our word. They have not yet required proof. We are working at higher ed institutes and you can see the trend with them requiring students and staff so have to assume it will apply to contractors

·
just a no body
14,409 Posts
My work (In StL and a big company) started calling today and asking if we were vaccinated. It is coming...

Here is the kicker. My workplace is going to DISCRIMINATE if you aren't vaccinated by mandating your continue wearing a mask. Tell me how the hell that is even legal...

To top it off, if you tell them you are vaccinated they are mandating proof of vaccination.
you can easily get a blank Vax Card and fill it in yourself

·
Biology nit wit exposer
80,689 Posts
Quit. Its not like they have any right to set standards in their own work place. They ain't the boss a me.😁

·
Former Leader in Warning points!
10,365 Posts
My wife works very closely with HIPPA law and they are saying that mandating this as a condition of employment is a violation and would easily be beaten back.
That is a slippery slope also. They going to ask if I have diabetes on a job application and turn me down if I do?
They do ask if you have diabetes on job apps nowadays. They just hide it under the guise of “disability”. Whether or not it affects your hire-ability, you’ll never know.

Reactions: Wibb

·
Former Leader in Warning points!
10,365 Posts

Here is the kicker. My workplace is going to DISCRIMINATE if you aren't vaccinated by mandating you continue wearing a mask. Tell me how the hell that is even legal...

Very common, my company already does this. It’s not really discrimination, it’s your choice. Prove you are vaccinated, or keep wearing a mask. About the same as needing to have a permit to park in handicap spaces.

·
Vendor
63,515 Posts
Livingston county also may be a bit gunshy as they thought everyone would want the vaccine before, ordered a bunch and only about 10% of what they thought they would need even got used... same with linn co. What I heard anyway.
They won't ever reach 70% since 30% are amish....

Reactions: rat

·
Vendor
63,515 Posts
Very common, my company already does this. It’s not really discrimination, it’s your choice. Prove you are vaccinated, or keep wearing a mask. About the same as needing to have a permit to park in handicap spaces.
The SC will destroy these plans.

·
Under appreciated
87,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
Quit. Its not like they have any right to set standards in their own work place. They ain't the boss a me.😁
Discriminating on the basis of health or health choices has got to be illegal.

Reactions: pinwheel
101 - 120 of 155 Posts