answer me this

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by beanpile, Nov 10, 2010.

1. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

property just has been logged for the last several weeks . maybe done today /maybe tomorrow

how long in your opinion will it be to the deer relax and go back to "normal"?:shrug:

2. Bear_25

Bear_25 New Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Osage County
    Im my opinion this time of the year deer arent normal. A big one could push a doe threw there in a heartbeat! Just my:02:

3. sand_manms

sand_manms New Member

Dec 13, 2005
    South Mississippi
    I've seen them checking out the damage done right after the logging crew left.

4. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

dont care about "the big one" just filling the freezer but i hope you are right

5. Reed

Reed New Member

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem, MO
    For sure they would be looking for anything left from the tops that might be edible. Would be at least worth a look see for a morning.

6. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    YES, DEER ARE CURIOUS, THEY WILL BE IN THERE SOON!

7. glennasher1

glennasher1 Active Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Radcliff, KY
    When Dad was running the dozer for his neighbor, deer would often as not come out and watch him work. It didn't frighten them a bit. I don't think chainsaws, do, either, they are used to humans doing odd things this time of year, like running chainsaws and implements.

8. bow98

bow98 New Member

Feb 25, 2004
    Used to be a logger in a past life........The deer get used to whats going on.......In the winter they will actualy come in and start eating the fresh tops minutes after you shut the saw off....Shot many a deer right after packing the truck up and walking back in with the gun......

9. Big John

Big John New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    I concur the deer will be back in there quickly

10. conradtactical

conradtactical New Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Jefferson County, MO
    I've been chainsawing and stopped only to look 15 yards behind me and see deer watching. Believe it or not, not much scares them.

11. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    [rquote=1890137&tid=131661&author=cfrazee_mo]YES, DEER ARE CURIOUS, THEY WILL BE IN THERE SOON![/rquote]

Man, I hate to agree with a woman.... but, yup.:D

12. Detrhoyt

Detrhoyt Horny D

Oct 26, 2008
    Work
    Won't the logging also cause a nice growth of underbrush and make for improved habitat next year?

13. conradtactical

conradtactical New Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Jefferson County, MO
    [rquote=1890220&tid=131661&author=Detrhoyt]Won't the logging also cause a nice growth of underbrush and make for improved habitat next year?[/rquote]

Not usually, due to the loggers leaving the tops. Unless you clear the tops out, will you have some good underbrush.

14. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

[rquote=1890220&tid=131661&author=Detrhoyt]Won't the logging also cause a nice growth of underbrush and make for improved habitat next year?[/rquote]

wont be hunting it next year