Another reason to hate Lawrence!

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by Hoytshooter, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Booches

Booches Member

Jan 8, 2003
    Columbia, Missouri
    Quotes from KU star-forward Drew Gooden after being selected by Memphis in the 2002 NBA Draft. Quotes appeared in June 27, 2002 KC Star. "I didn't even know Elvis was from Memphis," said Gooden. "I thought he was from Tennessee." As for his alma mater, "I've lived in Kansas," Gooden said. "That's about as bad as it gets." Gooden later reworded the statement to "What I meant was that it's in the middle of nowhere."

2. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Yep in the middle of nowhere. And Lawrence is about as liberal a college town as you will find. I hate the place.

3. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    OK.......I clicked on the link in the 1st post and got a blank screen that had something to do with realestate. What has that got to do with Lawrence? Am I missing something here?
  4. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

I am 100% with you on that.. I had to live in Lawrence for a year (working)..being a true Confederate gray Missourian. All I wished for was that old Bill Quantrill would of finished the job
  5. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004

But frankly DSG don't need ANOTHER reason to hate Lawrence. One is plenty. ;)
  6. glennasher1

glennasher1 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Radcliff, KY
    My brother lived near Lawrence for many years, before he passed on. We stayed there while we were getting his estate ready for the auction and sale. They DO have a lot of good restaurants there, but I saw no other redeeming qualities in the place. There had to be something he liked about it, though. Maybe the young college cuties?
  7. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    The link was supposed to be to a list of the meanest cities in the country. Lawrence was #2