Another Opinion

Discussion in 'MWT Community Bulletin Board' started by Wooddust, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Wooddust

Wooddust Active Member

Jul 26, 2003
    Every time I see a Cingular Commercial talking about more Bars in More Places I want to scream.

I call BS on Cingular and I wish nothing good will come to them and they all rot some day.

2. 67Firebird

67Firebird Chicken Man

I've only used Verizon, and I'm happy with my service. It drops calls when we're down in valleys, but they all do that.

I take it yours dropped calls more often than that. :eek:

3. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    Tell us how you really feel about cingular Wooddust ! :D

I don't think any cellular is going to work in every location. I use Nextel and love the 2 way feature, but it has issues as much as Centinial did when I had them, it's just different issues.

4. 90acres

90acres Senior Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Wardsville
    I've got Cingular with no complaints. Here we seem to have better coverage than the competitors.:wave:

5. PMan

PMan Retired

Dec 3, 2002
    I do a little more traveling then most and I have found that most all of the services will drop calls or loose signals.
    I have had cingular since they were AT&T (About 10 years) and I always loose service any place that I decide to deer hunt!:stickfight:

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

6. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    No matter how much each company brags about its service it all boils down to Cell Tower distribution. Not enough towers and you don't have good hand-off between towers. Low valleys and dense timber also effect radio signals. I am on my fourth Cell provider and they have all had problems. But I agree with Wooddust their ads are bogus.

Jack

7. PMan

PMan Retired

Dec 3, 2002
    The one that I really get a kick out of is the guy meeting the crook out in the field with a few thousand folks standing around----"His Network"

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

8. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    I've got Sprint and have been pleasantly suprised. They're known for being strictly on main highways but I've had great luck with my phone working on a few different pieces of property that I hunt. Plus their customer service beats the living daylights out of Cingular.

9. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I have had Cingular for probably near 10 yrs too, after leaving a local company...I'm bettin they all suck sooner or later!!! I do have to agree with Wooddust on the commercials...the "fewer dropped calls" claim makes me want to throw my phone at the tv...if this is fewer, I'd hate to have a competitors service!!! I have worse service, since they merged a year or two ago, than I did before the merger too...

10. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    I had T-Mobile and trashed it, went to Cingular and have been very please. Get reception in more areas than I ever did. Even down in the boot hill, sure I will loose a signal once in a while, but I think they are as good or better than most

MoBowman ```---------->

11. leaker19

leaker19 New Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Cooper County
    I have generally liked Cingular. I like that they let me keep my unused minutes for 12 months. I hate that its phones cause some sort of interference with audio speakers. That drives me nuts, practically can't have my phone in my computer room at home.

leaker

12. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    My Dad has a Cingular phone. He drives a truck and has several locations that there is no service.

The state of CA you must spend 2 hours on the phone getting it registured! Then you might as well stay out of the state of WY!!! That is just the start!

13. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    Well, I guess I'll weigh in on the subject...

I've had Sprint for a LONG time, and they seem to be getting better & better.

I also have Sprint for local & long distance home phone service. They are phasing out this area, and we're gonna be transferred to a company named Embarq. Anybody ever heard of 'em?
    :confused:

Anyways, supposedly when my cell phone contract expires, I'm going to have to switch to a new cell carrier too.
    :soapbox:

Just when things were really starting to look up ~ we just had a new tower built close to our home, and we able to finally get a decent signal on the property.

One step forward, and two steps back... :bangin:

14. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Missouri
    I started with AT&T, then got Sprint. That was all in TX. When I moved back up here Sprint wouldn't let me change my phone # to a local Missouri #. I dropped them and have been with Verizon ever since. No issues whatsoever!! Didn't even drop a call going to TN last week.

15. Outdoorsfool

Outdoorsfool New Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Central Missouri
    You've got to be kidding me jmmcguire!!! I've never received anything but rude, lousy customer service from Sprint. Given any other options, I will never use a product from Sprint. Cingulair is the only one that has service that is some of the more remote areas of Central MO. I can get service a lot of time when friends with other carriers cannot. Oh, did I mention that Sprint sucks!! :D

16. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Ahh, what did we do before Cell phones??

Jack

17. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Member 2 cans with a string between'em?

Rarely dropped any calls and the customer service was outstanding!:cheers:

18. Outdoorsfool

Outdoorsfool New Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Central Missouri
    :hysterical: