Another one down in PC continued story and pics

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by HammerDownOutdoors10, Nov 10, 2010.

1. HammerDownOutdoors10

HammerDownOutdoors10 New Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Putnam County
    Trey and I had a rather unusual but exciting hunt on Sunday, November 7th. As we were walking to the ground blind, I noticed a really nice buck along the ditch. At first he appeared to be making a scrape but further observation revealed he was taking a nap! The wind was blowing consistent from the southwest and we decided to make a stalk. The buck was at 74 yards. We closed the distance on our hands and knees, using tall grass and cedar trees for concealment, to 42 yards. Trey moved to the other side of a small group of cedar trees and the buck heard him. The buck raised his head and in an aggressive posture came our direction!! The buck came to 32 yards and the face off began with what seemed to be for ever. I could tell the brow tines on this buck were exceptional!! The buck stood like a statue, with his antlers facing Trey, as if he was waiting for another buck to come out of the cedar trees to battle. I grunted several times with no reaction from the buck. The standoff lasted for at least 10 minutes until he started walking up the ridge right to us!! The buck turned to go back down the ridge into the timber and Trey released his arrow. Lets just say, after staring at this awesome creature on the ground face to face for as long as he did, nerves got the best of Trey and the shot was not perfect. We backed out and came back early the next morning to attempt the recovery. Trey, Uncle Joe and I started looking at 0645 hours and at 0745 hours we had not found a single positive sign. I sent Trey to school and Joe and I continued the search. With no sign it was really like looking for a needle in a hay stack. We searched were we could and found nothing. As we were walking the last ditch back to the truck, I looked in a small water way and saw a white main beam sticking up in the grass. It was Trey's buck! The buck had only went approximately 125 yards from where I last saw him but in the opposite direction. I knew the buck was going to have really nice brow tines but I was very surprised that I had not noticed the four inch drop tine off his left main beam!! Sorry for the long narrative but it was the most exciting whitetail hunt I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing. (Story told by my dad)

[file]147383[/file]

[file]147384[/file]

2. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Hey Trey, nice work bud!!!! This is Brad!!!! Glad you posted this up here!!!I just got the pics in an email today!!! Tell your dad howdy for me!!!:claphands::wave:

3. Wings Fan 19

Wings Fan 19 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Kansas City, MO.
  4. keithk

keithk New Member

Feb 11, 2004
  5. BIG-DH

BIG-DH New Member

Dec 7, 2009
  6. mofarmboy

mofarmboy Active Member

Nov 18, 2007
    central mo.
    congrats sounds like an awesome hunt!!!!!!!

7. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    awesome story! and heck of a good buck

good work and thanks for sharing

8. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    :claphands::claphands::claphands::eek::

9. mohunter32

mohunter32 Senior Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
  10. HammerDownOutdoors10

HammerDownOutdoors10 New Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Putnam County
    Thanks everyone!! It was the most excting hunt I had ever been on also!! Especially when he was walking directly at me at about 25 yrds! I want to wish everyone happy hunting this weekend and hope everyone turns out successful!! :)

11. SUFI57

SUFI57 Member

Oct 25, 2010
  12. lma

lma Active Member

:claphands::claphands::claphands: Great buck and great story to boot! Congrats and thanx for sharing them!

13. txcobowhunter

txcobowhunter Deer Gear Collecter

Oct 5, 2008
    Texas County
    [rquote=1890500&tid=131650&author=huntforfunnfood]awesome story! and heck of a good buck

good work and thanks for sharing[/rquote]

x2
    :eek::

14. riverrat09

riverrat09 New Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Norborne, Mo
    Nice buck. congrats. Them are some dandy brows. :cheers:

15. RAGENTHECAGE

RAGENTHECAGE Senior Member

Jul 14, 2009
    MOBERLY MO