Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
just a no body
15,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What if anything do you all use? I got a Gobble "tube" but I used to try to use it to get a Tom to check out the competition..iMO this was a wrong stratagy..dont use it much anymore..so I usualy just listen for a gobble then head that way..I also believe that the "gobble tube" may scare jakes and other subordinate Toms away ..used to use it with my jake decoy..both dont make too many trips wityh me anymore

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
I'm the same way with the gobble shaker...For locator calls, I use owl hoots (my own voice), crow call, and plain ole turkey calls.

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
Early morning, owl call or coyote howl, during the day pileated woodpecker and Canada goose. You'd be surprised how well the goose call works. Slamming car door works real well too but haven't figured out a way to make that sound in the woods.:D

Jack

·
Registered
42,108 Posts
Originally posted by JackJr
Slamming car door works real well too but haven't figured out a way to make that sound in the woods.:D

Jack
Yessir, slammin the doors do work... honkin the horn works, yellin woooooooooohooooooooooooooo works... iffin the birdies wanna gobble i think you could get a mouse to el passo gasso and theyd gobble... :D

YMBAR if you start your own personal junkyard out in the woods to locate turkeys :rotfl:

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
Thats it! I am inventing a slamming-door locator call! SHsssss.. dont tell anyone!

The only question now.. which car??
I'm thinking a '69 camaro SS or a 72 ford galaxy 500...

Or maybe the ol 79 Chevette.. They all sound a bit different, ya know.

Patent pending, of course. :eek:

·
5,632 Posts
Just a crow call here. I do an owl with my voice...but it's not that good! :neuspeuter:

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
Originally posted by rat
Thats it! I am inventing a slamming-door locator call! SHsssss.. dont tell anyone!

The only question now.. which car??
I'm thinking a '69 camaro SS or a 72 ford galaxy 500...

Or maybe the ol 79 Chevette.. They all sound a bit different, ya know.

Patent pending, of course.
:eek:
Rat, '60 Caddy!!!:hysterical: Each door weighs about 500lbs.:roll2:

Jack;)

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
Am I the only one that uses a boat horn that runs on canned air????

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
I don't use any locator specific calls most of the time. I have them, but I have much better luck locating with my diaphram calls, just cutting pretty hard.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.