another ?? locater calls

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by beanpile, Apr 23, 2006.

1. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

What if anything do you all use? I got a Gobble "tube" but I used to try to use it to get a Tom to check out the competition..iMO this was a wrong stratagy..dont use it much anymore..so I usualy just listen for a gobble then head that way..I also believe that the "gobble tube" may scare jakes and other subordinate Toms away ..used to use it with my jake decoy..both dont make too many trips wityh me anymore

2. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I'm the same way with the gobble shaker...For locator calls, I use owl hoots (my own voice), crow call, and plain ole turkey calls.

3. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    I primarily use owl (mornings and evening to roost) crow, pilleated woodpecker and Canada Goose (daytime)

I also shy away from the gobble tube, simply because i used to hunt on public land and ya start with that sucker and gonna get overrun and possibly shot at...

4. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Early morning, owl call or coyote howl, during the day pileated woodpecker and Canada goose. You'd be surprised how well the goose call works. Slamming car door works real well too but haven't figured out a way to make that sound in the woods.:D

Jack

5. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Yessir, slammin the doors do work... honkin the horn works, yellin woooooooooohooooooooooooooo works... iffin the birdies wanna gobble i think you could get a mouse to el passo gasso and theyd gobble... :D

YMBAR if you start your own personal junkyard out in the woods to locate turkeys :rotfl:

6. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Thats it! I am inventing a slamming-door locator call! SHsssss.. dont tell anyone!

The only question now.. which car??
    I'm thinking a '69 camaro SS or a 72 ford galaxy 500...

Or maybe the ol 79 Chevette.. They all sound a bit different, ya know.

Patent pending, of course. :eek:

7. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    yessss chevette all the way.... :wink4:

8. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    Just a crow call here. I do an owl with my voice...but it's not that good! :neuspeuter:

9. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Rat you forgot about one car that has taken a bashing in its lifetime. It has a good door slam too. The one and only Yugo.

10. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Rat, '60 Caddy!!!:hysterical: Each door weighs about 500lbs.:roll2:

Jack;)

11. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

Am I the only one that uses a boat horn that runs on canned air????

:cheers::cheers:

12. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    I don't use any locator specific calls most of the time. I have them, but I have much better luck locating with my diaphram calls, just cutting pretty hard.