Another great mount by Coyotehunter

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by Gutpile, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Gutpile

Gutpile Cooler Semi-Elitist

Aug 22, 2003
    St. Charles
    Picked up my son's bow kil this morning.

Thanks Randy. IMG_5105.JPG.jpeg IMG_5106.JPG.jpeg

HEAVY, killmode, Maddux and 9 others like this.
  2. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    He does good work!

3. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

Yotes okay for a curmudgeon.

Mr Hannibal likes this.
  4. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    He does good on deer......but Moose are a different animal all together. :eek:

5. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    It was good seeing you guys, congrats on the kill:banana:

Crappie and Vector like this.
  6. RHenshaw

RHenshaw Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Independence, Mo.
    Nice Job, if you get tired of looking at that mount I could hang it on my wall, LOL!

7. Gutpile

Aug 22, 2003
    St. Charles
    No sir! We have been doing lots of admiring

DCSarchette likes this.
  8. Gutpile

Aug 22, 2003
    St. Charles
    DCSarchette, check your pm's

9. farmnhunt

farmnhunt Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2006
    Lebanon
    Nice deer. Also I'm bumping an post that doesn't have Henry and Hawk arguing.

Bootheel Boy, Clucker and 421sd like this.
  10. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Great looking deer! Congrats to your son!

trappermark likes this.
  11. Mr Hannibal

Mr Hannibal Member

Aug 2, 2017
    nice deer and good job on the mount ol dog...

12. Gutpile

Aug 22, 2003
    St. Charles
    The story on this deer. We got up to our place Friday evening, and were hoping to sneak in for the last hour or so and hunt. When we got to the farm, there were deer already in the field, so we decided to just hang out and play it cool. Next morning we were in our stands, my son had seen a small buck already and let it walk.

I hit my vector shortly after 8 am, and I pick up movement and a buck is walking out at about 25 yds and they are gonna pass on my left side, first buck is decent, but I see a second much better buck and they are clearly not going to give me a shot. I hit my grunter again, and the smaller buck heads off and goes past my son. The second, bigger buck begins destroying a tree about 25 yds away.

After he finished up on the tree he strolls off all PO'd and is walking behind me now, and is just managing to not present me a shot. I hit the call again, and I lose him. I think he is still standing there, but he has moved off. After a few minutes I accept defeat and sit down. My son is aware of what is happening, and could hear him tearing up the tree.

A couple of minutes later I hear crashing and a general ruckus coming from his direction. I sort of wondered to myself if the noise was from him shooting that buck. Next thing I know my phone is vibrating and he can barely talk he is so fired up.

This was his 3rd bow kill, first in a long time, and our first good buck off the farm. This was our 3rd season hunting the place. I still get goosebumps thinking about that day. Here are some pics, including one of the tree the buck wrecked after I grunted a second time IMG_4955.JPG fullsizeoutput_673.jpeg fullsizeoutput_66d.jpeg

13. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Nicely done, congrats to your son, and that yote fellar does nice work. :tup: