Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the temp dropped like crazy last night so I guess ***** didnt run but at least I didnt come back empty handed

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
You never realize how many possims are out there until you start trapping. I caught 27 of them this year in just over a month of trapping and I only used 3 double sets of traps and a box trap.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
hehehe big money, you mind if i invest some money to buy some stock?
theres possums everywhere out here. i guess no one traps around my neck of the woods.

·
PURE KILLER
38,020 Posts
:bangin::cheers:

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sold some beavers tonite was told when my grinners are finished streching and drying i'll get almost $1 apeice:banana:
still aint worth the hassle but I'll do it anyway

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hey Chuck,you beat me,all I got today was a rabbit missing his head (owl). What did your beaver bring? Do you save the castors?I've had pretty good luck using castor for cats.
Mike

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got a 10.50 average they were just green skinned. (dont have the room for beaver hoops in my shed) the fur buyer showed me how to remove castors on the one carcass I had to cut meat off for bait so I'm defintly cutting the castor out of the rest. (I didnt realy know about beaver castors before, wish I would have)

·
Registered
575 Posts
I need to go see the buyer here about some beaver carcasses for bait next year.Got plenty of cat cubed up but would like a change up.
Mike

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
pardon the ignorance, but what the heck is a beaver castor?

·
5,626 Posts
thanks, hoyt, I didn't want to seem like the only stupid one :D

·
Under appreciated
89,826 Posts
castor is a musk emitted from rear scent glands and is used in marking territories.

beavs are Castor canadensis.

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
where exactly is mansfeild county? I'm heading to shelbina this weekend and will be goin thru kansas city up to cameron across 36. I should be able to pick up a few more beavers before saturday if your close I could give you carcusus.
I set up on 2 more lodges so hopefully no more just one possum pics anymore.;)

·
Registered
575 Posts
Chuck,I live in Mansfield,in Wright county. About 45 min east of Springfield. Good luck on your beaver sets.
Mike

·
Registered
481 Posts
wow, kansas lets trappers use 220s on land.... how lucky art thou!:eek:

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
actualy thats just a 160 but ya kansas has some of the easiest regulations out... 220s are legal on land sets. hopefully Mo will allow 160s on land sets soon.

·
Registered
481 Posts
i cant wait! all i hear about is the success people have with 220s and bucket sets i guess 160's would be the next best thing, heck, can you imagine all the woven wire sets a person could make. id be well on my way to a million dollars... one possum at a time!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts