another big money day

Discussion in 'Trapping/Furbearing' started by chuck88, Feb 8, 2006.

1. chuck88

chuck88 Active Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Fulton MO
    the temp dropped like crazy last night so I guess coons didnt run but at least I didnt come back empty handed
    [​IMG]

2. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Alright!!! You and those critters seem to be getting along REAL well. :wave:

3. riverbottomhunter

riverbottomhunter Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Chariton Co.
    You never realize how many possims are out there until you start trapping. I caught 27 of them this year in just over a month of trapping and I only used 3 double sets of traps and a box trap.

4. Bowkil

Bowkil New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Ozark Plateau
    hehehe big money, you mind if i invest some money to buy some stock?
    theres possums everywhere out here. i guess no one traps around my neck of the woods.

5. chuck88

chuck88 Active Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Fulton MO
    sold some beavers tonite was told when my grinners are finished streching and drying i'll get almost $1 apeice:banana:
    still aint worth the hassle but I'll do it anyway

6. mikeak

mikeak Member

Hey Chuck,you beat me,all I got today was a rabbit missing his head (owl). What did your beaver bring? Do you save the castors?I've had pretty good luck using castor for cats.
    Mike

7. chuck88

chuck88 Active Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Fulton MO
    I got a 10.50 average they were just green skinned. (dont have the room for beaver hoops in my shed) the fur buyer showed me how to remove castors on the one carcass I had to cut meat off for bait so I'm defintly cutting the castor out of the rest. (I didnt realy know about beaver castors before, wish I would have)

8. mikeak

mikeak Member

I need to go see the buyer here about some beaver carcasses for bait next year.Got plenty of cat cubed up but would like a change up.
    Mike

9. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    pardon the ignorance, but what the heck is a beaver castor?

10. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    thanks, hoyt, I didn't want to seem like the only stupid one :D

11. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    castor is a musk emitted from rear scent glands and is used in marking territories.

beavs are Castor canadensis.

12. chuck88

chuck88 Active Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Fulton MO
    where exactly is mansfeild county? I'm heading to shelbina this weekend and will be goin thru kansas city up to cameron across 36. I should be able to pick up a few more beavers before saturday if your close I could give you carcusus.
    I set up on 2 more lodges so hopefully no more just one possum pics anymore.;)

13. mikeak

mikeak Member

Chuck,I live in Mansfield,in Wright county. About 45 min east of Springfield. Good luck on your beaver sets.
    Mike

14. JBMan

JBMan New Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Jackson
    wow, kansas lets trappers use 220s on land.... how lucky art thou!:eek:

15. chuck88

chuck88 Active Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Fulton MO
    actualy thats just a 160 but ya kansas has some of the easiest regulations out... 220s are legal on land sets. hopefully Mo will allow 160s on land sets soon.

16. JBMan

JBMan New Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Jackson
    i cant wait! all i hear about is the success people have with 220s and bucket sets i guess 160's would be the next best thing, heck, can you imagine all the woven wire sets a person could make. id be well on my way to a million dollars... one possum at a time!