Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:whistle: Anyone got any extra pictures of THESE in Missouri?!

I was eating lunch with a friend and he said he wanted to show me a Snowy Owl......um.....okay.....we're going to go find a white owl in snow covered Missouri in the middle of the day......

Well......insert foot in mouth. He found the owl on an electric pole in about a 2 minute search of the area!

We were able to set up a spotting scope, and I snapped these photos off through the scope. I SURE wish I would've just had a better camera with me, cause these pictures do NOT do this animal justice. If you could have only seen how YELLOW his eyes are and how UNREAL white its feathers are! :eek:

I just kept looking and looking at the bird! One of the most awesome things I've ever seen!

Poor birdie! Its so cold he thinks he's in Canada, eh?!

Parker

[file]44882[/file]

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another look. :cheers:

Parker

[file]44883[/file]

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
69,865 Posts
Very nice:claphands:

·
Registered
32,192 Posts
That would be awesome. Bird of Prey are very cool!!!!

·
Registered
17,089 Posts
I've never heard of such a thing Parker. I've heard of Snowy Owls but had no idea they ever made it down this way. Very cool sighting to say the least.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by HabitatMD
I've never heard of such a thing Parker. I've heard of Snowy Owls but had no idea they ever made it down this way. Very cool sighting to say the least.
:cheers: I think its pretty durn rare. I was EXTREMELY excited to get to see it so close. We got about 40 feet from the pole before it flew off.

Parker

·
Under appreciated
88,216 Posts
Are you kidding me?????????

Holy smokes... that is freaking awesome. :bowing::bowing::bowing::bowing:

·
Registered
38,389 Posts
I do believe in Native American lore, spotting an owl was a bad omen....at least it was on Mayberry RFD...Wonder what's gonna happen since the owl was white???!!!

·
Registered
13,882 Posts
Definitely :kewlpics: !!!!!

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
That is very kool, my wife is infactuated with owls. She told me to tell you she has never saw a snowy in MO. but loves the photos.

·
Registered
17,089 Posts

·
Under appreciated
88,216 Posts
Dano... I saw a barn owl at crowder park when I was about 16yrs old and thats the only one I ever saw.
Never seen a snowy owl in the wild... thats incredibly rare.
That southernmost range is not indicative of a geography that they spend much time in AT ALL last I knew and northern mo would be your best bet if at all.
Consider yourself lucky Parks... quite a sight.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts