Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Remington model 597 22 LR. it is mainly a utility throw around gun but i have never heard anything about this model. Anyone have or had one?? i plan on scoping it out soon and seein what it will do.

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Sounds good...

I'm looking to buy a 22 sometime in the near future...
So tell me how you like it!

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the input guys...i just needed a cheap priced 22 and this one has a nice camo stock and it actually feels nice and solid in my hands should scope it out today, i will let ya know how it does.

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
I have 2 of em...triggers arent the best but they shoot good....have one scoped with a cheap Bushnell 3-9x40 from wallyworld....My daughter LOVES to shoot bullfrogs with it!!!!

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I shot the remington 597 and my new england .204 today and i must say i like them both. The 597 shot really nice groups at 40 yrds with the cheap remington 22 shells only sprayed 1 or 3 LOL. i like listening to them one will be real loud and the next 2 will be a pop and then a boom but all and all it shot good. Now the 204 was really fun once i got it dialed in. shot 3 shot groups that would fit under a quarter (.25 cents) at 100 yrds. didnt shoot it any farther then 100 yrds but i will next weekend to see how she does. I am very satisfied with both!!:dancin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.