another addition to the family

Discussion in 'Guns & Ammo' started by psycho, Feb 23, 2006.

1. psycho

psycho New Member

Jan 9, 2006
    pulaski co.
    I just bought a Remington model 597 22 LR. it is mainly a utility throw around gun but i have never heard anything about this model. Anyone have or had one?? i plan on scoping it out soon and seein what it will do.

2. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Cool cool, congrats... no info here.. and sorry to steal your thread, but im guessin you didnt wanna do the trade on the nascar league eh?

ok :smiley:

3. psycho

psycho New Member

Jan 9, 2006
    pulaski co.
    i just declined someone a while ago, but i dont think it was you.

4. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Yeh it was me.. mayfield for gordon.. Just figured you wanted some more dodge teammates.. ;)

5. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    Sounds good...

I'm looking to buy a 22 sometime in the near future...
    So tell me how you like it!

6. I had one and there a pretty good little gun. My dad has one of the nice laminate bull barreled ones in 22mag and its a good gun. I just dont really like autos but if i was gonna buy one that is prolly what it would be. The one i had shot good for an auto.

chad

7. psycho

psycho New Member

Jan 9, 2006
    pulaski co.
    thanks for the input guys...i just needed a cheap priced 22 and this one has a nice camo stock and it actually feels nice and solid in my hands should scope it out today, i will let ya know how it does.

8. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I have 2 of em...triggers arent the best but they shoot good....have one scoped with a cheap Bushnell 3-9x40 from wallyworld....My daughter LOVES to shoot bullfrogs with it!!!!

9. psycho

psycho New Member

Jan 9, 2006
    pulaski co.
    I shot the remington 597 and my new england .204 today and i must say i like them both. The 597 shot really nice groups at 40 yrds with the cheap remington 22 shells only sprayed 1 or 3 LOL. i like listening to them one will be real loud and the next 2 will be a pop and then a boom but all and all it shot good. Now the 204 was really fun once i got it dialed in. shot 3 shot groups that would fit under a quarter (.25 cents) at 100 yrds. didnt shoot it any farther then 100 yrds but i will next weekend to see how she does. I am very satisfied with both!!:dancin: