anoter one bites the dust.

Discussion in 'Predators' started by huntforfunnfood, Feb 9, 2006.

1. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    well i was suspose to be working yesterday but hey i got a better offer so tuesnight after the wife went to bed i headed to macon spent the night with MU. got up to a hardy breakfest of mtn dew and gronola bar and we hit the road towards putnam co. pick up his dad at laplata. OH yeah we were excited to wake up to a blessing of fresh snow too.

we made several sets yesterday called up three yotes with a combo of electric and hand calls. we saw two more for a total of 5 yotes. shot one. missed one. and didn't get a shoot at the other three. the wind was really tough making calling hard but we had alot of fun.

heres a pic on the one we got i made a cheap shot at about 40 yrds with the 22-250 should of been a nice guide and let mu get it with the buckshot but after seeing the rest of his shooting yesterday i am glad i didnt' :stickfight:

2. huntforfunnfood

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    oh and just for the record if you wanting to save pelts the 22-250 hornady v-max in 40 grains are not pelt friendly
    this dog was facing me and it put a hole in here chest you could have put a fresbie in :rotfl: personly i like it

3. chuck88

chuck88 Active Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Fulton MO
    congrats.....at least you kill em, I practice catch and release

4. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    big holes are good for yotes in my book,we did pretty fair yesterday ourselves.

5. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Tony, way ta go man!!:cheers::cheers::cheers: Dead yotes are good, period.

Jack

6. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    Congrat's on the kill ~ and the day off! :wink4:

7. JarJar

JarJar New Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Congrats and nice shooten!:wink4:

8. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    Ouch :bangin: Way to go...................:sniper:

9. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

dang gov't workers...git more time off than the pres!!!! Good shootin!!!

10. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Nice.. looks like a real good day off!

11. MUHunter

MUHunter New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    NE MO
    Hey now, thats not fair, I would have smoked that girl too.....I didn't tell you that I was hesitating incase you missed so I could clean up your mess!:hysterical:

12. r2ahunter

r2ahunter New Member

Dec 6, 2005
    down on the farm
    nice shot........kill them yotes:sniper:

13. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    You and wifey been seein anymore yotes R2 or are they still scared in your neck of the woods??

14. r2ahunter

r2ahunter New Member

Dec 6, 2005
    down on the farm
    still scared. I think though this weekend may have to try calln a few in and keep them scared.....also hit the mannor for some yotes and sheds.

15. Kickers288

Kickers288 Active Member

check out that scope:eek: what kind is that? great kill

16. huntforfunnfood

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    that is a bushnell banner 6-18x50AO its a pretty good scope for the money you can pick one up anywere from 125-150 it great till except for the frist few second of day and the last few at night and it don't draw quite as much light then as i would like. it will take a beating and say zeroed though. since i use that gun striclly for varmits i would really like to up grade to one that gathers a bit more light. just going to have to wait a day or two

17. you need to head down this way if you wanna kill a mess of yotes. We dont even waste time with calls anymore there so thick we just drive gravel and spot them and then KA-BOOM>

chad