Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
18,793 Posts
Makes one wonder if Madden & Pujols got along like Larussa and Rolen .... didn’t .......

Reactions: 20'

·
13,514 Posts
On the radio today Ithink 1120 they asked Mike Shannon about Pujols coming back, and Shannon said , not in theses exact words "he will go to Chicago", and the way he said it , is he did not want him back here...
I think he would be a distraction to the team as it is now

·
Registered
18,793 Posts
On the radio today Ithink 1120 they asked Mike Shannon about Pujols coming back, and Shannon said , not in theses exact words "he will go to Chicago", and the way he said it , is he did not want him back here...
I think he would be a distraction to the team as it is now
Cubs or Sox’s.....😉

·
Biology nit wit exposer
80,689 Posts
He is gonna retire a cardinal and take Shannon's place in the announcers booth.

·
#Debbie
11,317 Posts
Keep in mind Al only paid California tax on 81 games. The away games are based on the state they were played in.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Cubs or Sox’s.....😉
It would make the most sense to go to the Sox with LaRussa there and he could DH since he can't play the field anymore. Realistically he's not going anywhere because he has nothing left. He has been terrible for 8 years now and isn't even hitting .200 or the Angels would have kept him instead of paying him to leave.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Bet $100 if Cardinals sign him it rejuvenates him!

·
Biology nit wit exposer
80,689 Posts
Bet $100 if Cardinals sign him it rejuvenates him!
I think that when he gets in the announcers booth after the 6th inning he will be as easy to understand as Shannon used to be. :giggle:

Reactions: Dafish and 20'

·
Part-time malcontent
7,151 Posts
The HOF now decides what team the player goes in on . Pujol’s 10 year special services contract is separate and begins after his retirement. He’ll go into the hall as a Cardinal.
Gaylord would pay homage to all the teams he played for in old timer games. I think he went in as a Giant. Pujols should definitely go in as a Cardinal.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Pujols should definitely go in as a Cardinal.
There’s no question. He had his start with the Cards and had about 10 years of being consistently in the top 2 or 3 best players every year. He had 2 decent years with the Angels and then mostly just DHed. Plus the fans didn’t like him out there because of his contract vs performance.

·
Under appreciated
87,496 Posts
Yep... and Benedict Arnold should be remembered as one of the most patriotic American military heroes. :D

61 - 76 of 76 Posts