And you thought hitting a deer was bad!?

Discussion in 'Whitetails General' started by MTRaised, Feb 24, 2006.

1. MTRaised

MTRaised New Member

Oct 6, 2005
    Grain Valley
    The following pictures are of a moose that went through a car's windshield
    this month near South River, Ontario.
    The VERY lucky woman driver ended up with just a
    broken wrist and needing a good bath.

When you view the pictures you will wonder how the woman managed to survive.:eek:

2. MTRaised

MTRaised New Member

Oct 6, 2005
    Grain Valley
  3. MTRaised

MTRaised New Member

Oct 6, 2005
    Grain Valley
  4. WHOA!!!:eek:

Someone was definitely watching over her that day!
  5. mohunter32

mohunter32 Senior Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
    Ouch! Glad she wasn't hurt too bad.
  6. Kickers288

Kickers288 Active Member

that is awesome!! glad she was alright. thats one heck of story for the grandkids!!!
  7. D.R.N.18

D.R.N.18 New Member

Feb 13, 2006
    Holy Cow!!:eek: If that wont shake your nerves I dont know what would.
  8. Bowkil

Bowkil New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Ozark Plateau
    thats why i drive a big truck with a huge bumper in the front!
    i wonder what she was thinking? "ill just hit a 400 lb moose goin 60 mph and he should just bounce off my car with just a little scratch."
  9. grimreaper8

grimreaper8 New Member

Sep 23, 2005
    thats a hell of an accident to walk away from
  10. ArrowJumper

ArrowJumper New Member

Feb 13, 2006
    St. Elizabeth, MO
    I can't believe she only had minor injuries, the roof is completely torn off the one side of the car:eek:
  11. PFR

PFR New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    I seriously doubt she was thinking that hitting it was a good idea. Having spent alot of time in Canada and seeing alot of moose, I will say that it ain't a whole bunch of fun to be cruising down a backwoods highway at about 60 and have one of them sum b*tches step up onto the highway out of the road ditch about 20 yards in front of you. You ain't got a whole heck of alot of options. And the options you have go something like 1) swerve like heck and probably roll the car/truck 12 times, 2) hit the thing and hope it goes over me or off to the side, or 3) keep going straight, hold on tight and hope like h*ll the thing decides to not take that last step.

Also, one of the many more reasons I hope the "elk in MO" thing is dead and gone. The end result of hitting one of them is about like hitting a moose I would guess.

I find these pictures kinda interesting in the fact that if it really did happen this month there ain't no snow on the ground, the grass is green, the non-evergreen trees have leaves, the moose already has visible horns in velvet, and them Canuck boys are all standing around in short sleeves. :confused: I don't think it happened this month.
  12. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Cool pics, but I'm doubting it.....I've cut alot of cars apart, doing extrications, and that roof being ripped open, and the head/neck of the moose is not damaged....I'm thinkin it's fake...Maybe the moose just wanted to end it all!!!!
  13. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
  14. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    How bout this one?
  15. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Yep.. snopes for sure is where I got that one. Its the real deal too evidently.
  16. semohuntingguy

semohuntingguy New Member

Nov 2, 2005
    southeast mo.
    i know why she had to change cloths
  17. Bronco Brian

Bronco Brian New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Georgetown, MN
    I think it real, the hole in the care seems about the right size to hold that moose-I responded to a Moose vs 240Z in Ak while working ambulance several(OK Many) years ago and the car was fairly topless as the moose rolled much like a rolling pin over the top. The pt was pretty cut up from the glass but no major tauma.