Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MOOSE STORY
The following pictures are of a moose that went through a car's windshield
this month near South River, Ontario.
The VERY lucky woman driver ended up with just a
broken wrist and needing a good bath.

When you view the pictures you will wonder how the woman managed to survive.:eek:

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
WHOA!!!:eek:

Someone was definitely watching over her that day!

·
Registered
708 Posts
I seriously doubt she was thinking that hitting it was a good idea. Having spent alot of time in Canada and seeing alot of moose, I will say that it ain't a whole bunch of fun to be cruising down a backwoods highway at about 60 and have one of them sum b*tches step up onto the highway out of the road ditch about 20 yards in front of you. You ain't got a whole heck of alot of options. And the options you have go something like 1) swerve like heck and probably roll the car/truck 12 times, 2) hit the thing and hope it goes over me or off to the side, or 3) keep going straight, hold on tight and hope like h*ll the thing decides to not take that last step.

Also, one of the many more reasons I hope the "elk in MO" thing is dead and gone. The end result of hitting one of them is about like hitting a moose I would guess.

I find these pictures kinda interesting in the fact that if it really did happen this month there ain't no snow on the ground, the grass is green, the non-evergreen trees have leaves, the moose already has visible horns in velvet, and them Canuck boys are all standing around in short sleeves. :confused: I don't think it happened this month.

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Originally posted by ArrowJumper
I can't believe she only had minor injuries, the roof is completely torn off the one side of the car:eek:
Cool pics, but I'm doubting it.....I've cut alot of cars apart, doing extrications, and that roof being ripped open, and the head/neck of the moose is not damaged....I'm thinkin it's fake...Maybe the moose just wanted to end it all!!!!

·
Under appreciated
92,881 Posts
Yep.. snopes for sure is where I got that one. Its the real deal too evidently.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Fireman,
I think it real, the hole in the care seems about the right size to hold that moose-I responded to a Moose vs 240Z in Ak while working ambulance several(OK Many) years ago and the car was fairly topless as the moose rolled much like a rolling pin over the top. The pt was pretty cut up from the glass but no major tauma.
Brian

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.