Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Máistir an pointe hocht.
75,067 Posts
Thats not how you do it. :wave1:

Hahahaha. Who’s da U boat commander? :D

· Registered
8,049 Posts
Know a guy that owns a boat dealership. He sold a brand new boat to someone. Gave the guy instructions and break in details. Buyer comes back a couple of days later and says the boat won’t get on plane. Dealer is confused.... goes to the lake the next day. Buyer already has the boat in the water at his dock. Looks like it’s floating funny. He then realizes that the trailer is still attached to the boat. The buyer had just unhooked the trailer from his truck and rolled the trailer and boat into the water.

· Máistir an pointe hocht.
75,067 Posts
If you really want good high quality entertainment.

Get a large cooler of beer, a couple lawn chairs, maybe a shade umbrella....

Go setup at any large lake boat ramp memorial day weekend, and enjoy the nonstop entertainment. Nothing like new boat owners headed to the ramp for first time out in their new pride and joy. :D

15,013 Posts
I use to work at a lake when II was in high school and this would happen a couple times a year. One time all you could see was a very corner of a cab over camper that was on the truck. We could get them out, drain the oil, pull the plugs and squiirt oil in the cylinders, crank it over a few times, dry out the distributor, and fire it up. I remember one guy told me a couple weeks later he spent a few thousands dollars on it afterward, draining the difs, new wheel bearings, rebuilding the motor and tranny etc....

· Registered
7,445 Posts
A friend had a 18’ fish and ski . We put in early at PB2 to go fishing . The girls were going to meet us there at noon to go skiing. We fished got back to the dock there about 11:30. We were sitting there drinking beer waiting on them I looked up and saw mikes truck and trailer rolling backwards . He saw it about the time it was really picking up speed . “What is that crazy ***** doing” as it jack knifed running over the tongue bending it halfway down the ramp.

I had parked it at the top of the ramp not setting the parking brake . We assumed it had lost a some compression and started to roll.

Lots of fun watching there when the ramp is mossy.

· Land buying addiction
13,978 Posts
Know a guy that owns a boat dealership. He sold a brand new boat to someone. Gave the guy instructions and break in details. Buyer comes back a couple of days later and says the boat won't get on plane. Dealer is confused.... goes to the lake the next day. Buyer already has the boat in the water at his dock. Looks like it's floating funny. He then realizes that the trailer is still attached to the boat. The buyer had just unhooked the trailer from his truck and rolled the trailer and boat into the water.
I know a dealer ship in IL and when a customer from mo traded in their boat he would do this to get the boat and trailer to the other side of the river. Quilers across from Elsberry.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.