Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
4,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So my 12 year old was saying that today would mark exactly a year since he shot his first doe with a bow last year. Last night he got number two. I told him you just couldn’t wait could you. Had to shoot one on the 364th day didn't you?!?!

There is also a video link in post number 5 below. Just a short video of him finding arrow and blood and showing his excitement.

God is great.
Plant Plant community Insect Arthropod Organism
Terrestrial plant Plant Twig Groundcover Grass
Camouflage Military camouflage Hunting Smile Plant

·
King of Callaway
42,812 Posts
Good Stuff congrats to the young fellar

Reactions: thwackaddict

·
Under appreciated
89,807 Posts
Good shot in there too.

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,944 Posts
Great shot!!! Congrats to the young man 👍🏻👍🏻

·
4,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great shot!!! Congrats to the young man 👍🏻👍🏻
Last year he made a 2 yard shot. This year it was at 25. He has really started to turn it on. The other day he shot 4 3" groups(and smaller) at 40 dead centered around the bull.
He said, "Dad don't worry if you practice a little you can probably get as good as I am." He is a little onery at times. ;)

·
Registered
23,020 Posts
Last year he made a 2 yard shot. This year it was at 25. He has really started to turn it on. The other day he shot 4 3" groups(and smaller) at 40 dead centered around the bull.
He said, "Dad don't worry if you practice a little you can probably get as good as I am." He is a little onery at times. ;)
great shot with a great sense of humor!!!

·
4,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great to see!

Is that a harness he has on? What make model do your boys wear?
Yes that is a harness. It is just the standard plain Jane that comes with every stand. The stand he was in this night was a 12 foot double buddy so he just hooks to the factory provided strap on the tree.
We have a double hang on set where I hope to film him killing a monster.(or his little brother) I am at about 25 feet up and he is at about 20. So we use lifelines to be hooked all the way up.

·
Lunch break commander
8,419 Posts
Heck yeah

·
4,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Big thanks for all of the kind comments.
Getting a deer with a bow is awesome. But the laughs and memories and kidding each other everyday we hunt, fish, work, or practice shooting are the real trophies.
Having a place like this to share the excitement with everyone is also a great blessing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts