Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Steve....

Shot the new Switchback XT & LD on Friday......

SWEET.....

Can't believe they came out with a bow that shoots smoother than my Outback, and is 7 fps faster.... 315 IBO...

Not sure if I'm gonna switch to one of them yet, but it's tempting...

·
Registered
18,246 Posts
Man I just hate switching things that work !

What do you like so much more about it that your switchback ?

And hey I posted a hunting related topic earlier !

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The smoothness of the shot, and how quiet it was....

I'm prolly gonna stick with my Outback though..... But I reserve the right to change my mind later.

Every year I keep thinkin, they're not gonna be able to improve their bows......

Just to make sure it wasn't all in my head. I would shoot the XT, then my outback then the LD, etc....

You could really feel the difference..... But..... The price of the new bows are about $150 more than what I paid for my Outback.

Also, the new string is about twice as expensive as the old Zebra string/cable setup. Bout $100.

The LD is 33" ATA, the XT 31". XT is 315 IBO, the LD is quite a bit slower, I think it was around 290. Of the two of them, the XT would seem to be a better hunting bow.

Other big differences.... LD has a 9" brace height, the XT 7.5".

The riser on the xt is a couple of inches longer than my Outback, which means is has a more parallel limb design. Which I'm guessing is the cause of the smoother shot. Seemed like the letoff valley was a little wider than my outback as well. If I have one complaint about the Outback, it's the very narrow letoff valley it seems to have....

But.... I think I'll just keep my current bow, cause like you said, it aint broke.....

·
Registered
18,246 Posts
Sounds sweet, but like you said pricey.

I still shoot the MQ1 and would have a hard time parting with it.

I shot a High Country Supreme for 7 years before getting my Mathews. I think I'm on year 3 or 4 for the Mathews.

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's just my personality to tinker some times....

I always enjoy breakin in a new bow, kinda pushes me to the range.... Not that I need that much pushin. I'm one of the few guys I know that actually practices year round, usually 2 or more times a week....

It's what really sucked about my archery season this year, I was dialed in better than ever, but the only deer I had shots on woulda been little bucks, or fawns.... That's counting my MT hunt as well....

Cept for my one dork up on a doe at Busch in December, which I already told ya about........:bangin:

I didn't get a single doe or 8 pt within bow range all year on my place.... But, that's bow hunting.... I've already got several plans to make sure that don't happen again next year....

·
Registered
18,246 Posts
I wish I could get motovated to shoot that much all summer. Got a new Block target setting off my deck now so this summer I will see it sitting there and that will help.

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you get one of the new block 4x4's, or is it the older style block?

I shot one of the 4x4's up at Milk River, and it seemed to be a really nice target... Been debatin about gettin one. I like the deer vitals/tree stand vitals sides to em....

·
Registered
18,246 Posts
Nope it's the old style not the biggest, but second to the biggest. I really like it. And like being able to leave it outside and not get ruined.

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've not shot one of those, but I'm sure they're nice....

If all I had to do was go out to my back yard & shoot, I'd probably wear out a bow each year.... I've got to drive over to the range at Busch, which is about 10 minute from my office, so I go there over lunch quite a bit... One thing good about the close of archery season, I get the range back to myself...:rotfl: Get's pretty busy over there startin around the 1st of September...

·
Registered
212 Posts
so I take it you didnt trade yours in huh Joe?

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No, if I was gonna do anything I'd put it out on Ebay.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts