Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,802 Posts
Check with Dave Cumberland, at Old Western Scrounger. Norma doesn't even make ammo for that fossil any more.

·
Registered
11,987 Posts
I just looked at Old Western Scrounger and came up empty. Found some chargers for it though.

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
Big John you sure that isn't chambered for 8X56R? Mine is. They were rechambered from 8X50R to 8X56R around 1931 and used by the Nazi police forces in WWII. Is yours a Hungarian or Steyr? Some were also rechamberd to 8X57 Mauser round around 1940. Graf & Sons sells new Hornady 8X56R that is pretty darn good stuff. The iron sights on these rifles are in Schrittens which is about .75 meters so you'll have to adjust accordingly when you shoot. The sights start off at 300 Schrittens which is 225 meters and go to 2200.

Jack

·
Registered
7,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jack Ya I am sure, it is an 1890 carbine Hemburg, it has not been rechambered. It is a very rare breed that is what attracted me to it. I found a place the offers brass for it that were made from 303 Brits, but no ammo as yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.