1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I keep mine in my safe.

·
Registered
32,759 Posts
If I had safe yes. Right now its in the bottom of the gun case.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
I keep a few rounds for some pistols in the safe. The eest of the ammunition is stored in a separate locker.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I keep mine in ammo cans with good seals in the basement. The ammo will out last you, your kids and grand kids. If you can get all your ammo in a safe, do you really have enough:claphands:

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
[rquote=1565029&tid=108844&author=BELTFEDMG]I keep mine in ammo cans with good seals in the basement. The ammo will out last you, your kids and grand kids. If you can get all your ammo in a safe, do you really have enough:claphands:[/rquote]

Is there any such thing as "enough"? :D

I store some ammo in the bottom of my safe. I also have a dedicated steel locking cabinet that I store ammo in, as well as a couple of sealed containers that work pretty well.

·
Honey Badger Phat Sack
10,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[rquote=1565029&tid=108844&author=BELTFEDMG]I keep mine in ammo cans with good seals in the basement. The ammo will out last you, your kids and grand kids. If you can get all your ammo in a safe, do you really have enough:claphands:[/rquote]

I just bought another safe and it is BIG!!!

What kind of cans, just the small issue ones or those big sealed fireproof boxes?

By your standards I know I don't have enough but keep in mind I still haven't completed my C&R paperwork so I can get some real ammo wasting guns....:D

·
Honey Badger Phat Sack
10,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[rquote=1565036&tid=108844&author=BELTFEDMG]I use .30 cal, .50 cal, 20mm millitary cans. Water proof and work great....cheap & abundant also.[/rquote]

What is the best source for these?

·
Registered
9,730 Posts
If you have enough room in your safe for ammo you don't have enough guns. I've never kept ammo in either of my safes. Never had enough room.

Vic

G

·
[rquote=1565081&tid=108844&author=leasburg]i have a secret room on the west wing of the house i keep it all in[/rquote]:hysterical:

·
Registered
70,333 Posts
[rquote=1565045&tid=108844&author=Big_Bullseye][rquote=1565036&tid=108844&author=BELTFEDMG]I use .30 cal, .50 cal, 20mm millitary cans. Water proof and work great....cheap & abundant also.[/rquote]

What is the best source for these?[/rquote]

I've found mine at regular gun shows. There are usually guys there with old military gear. I have quite the assortment and sizes I have collected over the years. Most if not all have rubber seals.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.