Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you have any experience with airlines losing hunting equipment? got the chance to hunt Hawaii for sheep last week (saw plenty, just couldn't get close enough). I packed my spotting scope, binoculars, gps, tripod, gopro....etc in a Rubbermaid hard plastic container with TSA locks on it. Well long story short, its unaccounted for. AA can't find it. I had to submit a property claim form last night and come up with receipts for everything in the box over $150. Luckily I keep decent records so I had receipts for most of it. However I did a little reading and their policy doesn't appear to cover optics, cameras, or electronics...The expensive stuff of course. :mad2: I also understand they "prorate" your property so they may not pay you full value for a year old pair of boots. Absolutely absurd! This is the 3rd time this year AA has broke it off in you know where. Anybody have any luck getting fair value out of American for any lost items or any advice?

·
Registered
32,063 Posts
I bet TSA has it.

·
Vendor
62,178 Posts
Can you claim it on your homeowners?

·
Under appreciated
86,796 Posts
That is rough man. Sorry to hear it.

·
Preferred pronoun-Stud Muffin
10,586 Posts
I guess lots of folks ship UPS or Fedex because of that.

·
238 Posts
With all the video cams these days there should be a video of the baggage area of unloading and loading and of persons stealing you would think

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
69,626 Posts
Puttin it mildly here. But I hate AA. :wave:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is yet to be decided on how this gets settled but I now have enough miles for a free flight and then that will be the last time I fly American. They have royally screwed up my last 3 flights with them, cost me hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars after this one, and never made one effort to make it right with me much less act like they care.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
My dad checked a salmon in a suitcase once on the way back from Alaska, and they lost it for a few days. It finally showed up, but the suitcase was thrown away due to the smell.

Dad used to bring back seafood from TDY depending upon where he went.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Probably not the first time you had it broke off in ya...

·
just a no body
14,281 Posts
not that I would ever be in a situation where I could fly someplace cool to hunt but these kind of things sure would make me 2nd guess doing it. If it did it ever happen to me I'd be danged if I ever gave them a chance to do it again.

·
Jenny's Lackey
46,610 Posts
Sucks about your stuff, ever have any luck getting it back?

Just curious, why not UPS this kinda stuff to your motel so it's waiting for you when you get there. At least that way you can track your belongings & they're insured?

·
Biology nit wit exposer
80,222 Posts
One more reason not to fly. It also defines how important it is that we get a bridge built between Reno Nevada and Hawiaii.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
46,742 Posts
One more reason not to fly. It also defines how important it is that we get a bridge built between Reno Nevada and Hawiaii.
Part of that infrastructure I keep hearing about. :wave:

·
Banned
24,573 Posts
Pure genius, bypass the whole state of confusion aka California. :D

·
Cooyon, Back from NOLA
4,631 Posts
You get your stuff back?

Im usually a easy going, let it slide kinda of guy.
But a law suit, or some sorts might have to happen.
I smell a thief.

·
Biology nit wit exposer
80,222 Posts
Pure genius, bypass the whole state of confusion aka California. :D
Its going to be part of the ocean some day in the future anyway. Might as well build over it so as to not interrupt bridge traffic when it finally falls in the ocean.

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Add a whole bunch of extra stuff to Your list of losses.....maybe it will make up for the items they won't cover? :whistle:

I bet some little Hawaiian Baggage Dude has some cool Equipment for sale on their "Hawaiian Craig's List"! :whistle: :scared: :stirpot: :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts