alright i got a ?

Discussion in 'Archery Hunting' started by deerhunter893, Jun 2, 2009.

1. deerhunter893

deerhunter893 New Member

Sep 27, 2008
    St.charles
    Alright am shoting a wisker bisquit and at gateway outfitters there telling me that the odd color fleashing needes to be facing out away from bow and at basspro there telling me it needes to be facing toward sky, so it a simple ? which is right of the two.;)

2. BigJake

BigJake New Member

Dec 27, 2005
    I think you just want to make sure that a fletching doesn't try to pass through the thicker black bristles that the arrow rests on. So whichever way that makes it point. :shrug:

3. Hannibal

Hannibal Senior Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Greene county
    yup, i'm with big jake on that.

4. JMHO go with the pro shop. They have more to loose if they tell you something wrong. Just from my limited experience in the business.

But the above answers should help out as well.:woot:

5. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
    X3 FOR JAKE

6. Refuze2falo

Refuze2falo Plain White Cracker

Aug 13, 2008
    We are neighbors
    Can you tell what way shoots better? That's the way I'd do it

Most I have seen used are odd fletch up on the WB side load but if you have a fletching contacting your cables when ya shoot you may have to turn it out

I'd go for the most accurate way but that's my opinion:cheers:

7. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    mine is odd fletch up

8. deerhunter893

deerhunter893 New Member

Sep 27, 2008
    St.charles
    Well Thank you all i think i will glue nocks in with odd color facing up.

9. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Odd fletch up with mine too....:wave:

10. MoBowman

MoBowman Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Glue the nocks in???? What kind of arrows are you useing? Very few of them need the nocks glued in anymore......just saying.

11. deerhunter893

deerhunter893 New Member

Sep 27, 2008
    St.charles
    RedHead Carbon Fury Arrows - 2'' Blazer Vanes

12. deerhunter893

deerhunter893 New Member

Sep 27, 2008
    St.charles
    arrow

[file]59482[/file]

13. MO Deer Slayer

MO Deer Slayer New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    bean field near you
    odd up we tell people that because its easy to refrence to you can have your off color vane to the side as long as its not running through the black part of your biscuit

14. sambo3006

sambo3006 Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Christian County
    +1 on the odd up. The black bristles on the bottom part of the biscuit are stiffer because that is what the arrow rides on during launch and it would cause uneven resistance on your fletching if one of your vanes passed through it.

15. hambone2008

hambone2008 New Member

May 26, 2008
    audrain
    [rquote=1284229&tid=89817&author=MoBowman]Glue the nocks in???? What kind of arrows are you useing? Very few of them need the nocks glued in anymore......just saying.[/rquote]

im with mobowman on this one i understand that u dont want it to move but if u do so then if u ever decide to get a different rest then u r gonna be S.O.L. and having to buy new arrows if the rest is not cock feather up..... around here we used to shoot alluminums that we didnt even glue in the nocks..... and we sure dont on the carbons now....... this is just my :02: but i still say u may want to rethink glueing them...... also with the W.B. it is not a demanding on how u cock feather is bc all flethings make contact..... so i would still say not to worry about glueing them......... :02::02::02:

16. deerhunter893

deerhunter893 New Member

Sep 27, 2008
    St.charles
    Well i have shot them before with out the nocks glued in and the nocks stick to the string or they fly out as the arrow is flying threw the air

17. hambone2008

hambone2008 New Member

May 26, 2008
    audrain
    huh thats weird..... maybe they werent the right size or something.... who knows......