Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Along with Mailman\'s Birdseye Maple Theme

Here's a call I finished the other day made out of birdseye maple. My first one. And of course......I couldn't let it just be PLAIN birdseye maple! :bangin:

This call is aluminum over glass.

This wood is awesome. I got it from Wisconsin as a trade for some coffeebean wood.

Parker

Attachments

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And here's a close up picture so that you can see how the grain of the wood pops. (the neon color might help that 'pop' a little) :D

Parker

Attachments

·
Registered
11,987 Posts
:eek:

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
parker
question? and maybe there is no answer other than just because
but after seeing the gun stock that was so pretty why would some one die a peice of wood that bright green?

i guess it is just my opinion but wouldn't that hide alot of the natrual beatuy of the wood?

is is just to make something different or am i wrong and does the character of the wood stand out more after its died?

not saying any thing bad i am just asking is all
inquireing minds want to know :)

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by huntforfunnfood
parker
but after seeing the gun stock that was so pretty why would some one die a peice of wood that bright green?

i guess it is just my opinion but wouldn't that hide alot of the natrual beatuy of the wood?

is is just to make something different or am i wrong and does the character of the wood stand out more after its died?

AND the answer is.......You've seen birdseye maple calls before, am I correct? :D And they are VERY good looking. :D BUT.....have you ever seen one that was neon green?? :D I have not, and that's why I made it.

Summer is tinkering season my man! Gotta try out some new looks and new designs. :D

I don't like to hear......I saw one that looked like that one time...... I want my stuff to be original. And yeah, the 'eyes' pop out BIG TIME like this.

Parker

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
Originally posted by Pipe
does that say elton john on it ??:D:D:D
that is a cool wood grain
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Shouldnt lose that one in the woods !

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
Originally posted by Parker
parker

AND the answer is.......You've seen birdseye maple calls before, am I correct? :D And they are VERY good looking. :D BUT.....have you ever seen one that was neon green?? :D I have not, and that's why I made it.

Summer is tinkering season my man! Gotta try out some new looks and new designs. :D

I don't like to hear......I saw one that looked like that one time...... I want my stuff to be original. And yeah, the 'eyes' pop out BIG TIME like this.

Parker
thats a good enough answer for me man........
and you will notice I NEVER said i didn't like it either ;)

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thats a good enough answer for me man........
and you will notice I NEVER said i didn't like it either ;) [/quote]

And I'm just answerin' the question bro! :D I like it! :D

Parker

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Parker--- you have to love this quote: "I colored the duck blue becasue I've never seen a blue duck..." -Billy Madison

But man, that's a sweet call!!
:cheers::cheers:

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by Lefty
Parker--- you have to love this quote: "I colored the duck blue becasue I've never seen a blue duck..." -Billy Madison

But man, that's a sweet call!!
:cheers::cheers:
:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Oh CRUD LEFTY! I'm LingMAO! Thanks for sharing that dude! I think that needs to go on my signature line!

Parker

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.