Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Lunch break commander
Joined
·
8,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am yaking with you guys and my son says look daddy fire. I look up and see the trim above the fire place smoldering and burning through. I grab a pan and fill it with water and douce it then run into the garage were the attic entrance is and climb up and see flame around the flue. I run back down and grab more water and run back up and throw more water up there.
I had to do that several times before the flames went out. I get my wife up and tell her to call the fire department and they show up in like 8 minutes and take over for me.

If it werent for my son we could have lost the house and posibly our lives.

I feel like an idiot for not replacing the broken smoke detectors that I threw away.

fire place looks bad but the house is going to be fine and we are safe. a little shook up but safe.

Gonna have to treat my son to something special for being our hero.

and great work to the men that came and finished the Job. God bless you for your service.



 

·
Lunch break commander
Joined
·
8,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by jmmcguire
Man, am I glad you guys are safe!

Is your local fire department volunteer or full-timers? Doesn't matter. Just curious.
I am not sure, but I think volunteer
 

·
Former Chicken Man
Joined
·
20,105 Posts
That's some scary stuff, and I bet you've been offering prayers of thanks ever since the fire got put out.
How old is the young hero? Tell him he did a great job. :woot:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,812 Posts
Looks like a insert. We had one of those. It would over heat sometimes also.


Like I said earlier good things happen to good people-It was good that your son was alert. Could have been much worse.


Hope your Christmas is still a joyous one.

:wave:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,006 Posts
Whew thats a close one Pastor! Glad your all okay. Lots of times when they vent theirselves in the attic your just a few minutes away from not having a house to live in. Tell the litter feller congrats on being a hero.:2thumbsup::2thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
315 Posts
Wow! Pastor,
That's scary stuff. Glad to see you caught it in time. What do you think caused it? I know this is a pain for you and yours but still, have a Merry Christmas and be thankful. Good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,513 Posts
glad to see things werent worse

if your going to replace things
go talk to Matt at B&M fire place
in Bonne Terre
he realy nose his stuff
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
19,117 Posts
WOW glad alls ok, just think now it's redecorate time, seriously though it coulda been worse, i shutter to think what woulda happen if ya all was in bed..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,315 Posts
Thank God everyone is safe. Scary stuff right there Pastor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,736 Posts
Pastor,
Give that Boy another big hug & then pat Yourself on the back for Your quick actions !! I'd say that SOMEONE was in Your corner !! Thank GOD !!
Cat
 

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Joined
·
46,798 Posts
That's some scary stuff right there pastor. I'm glad everyone is okay.
 

·
Jenny's Lackey
Joined
·
46,698 Posts
Dad always said, God looks out for fools & small children. Glad to see he was looking out for you my friend.:2thumbsup:
 

·
PURE KILLER
Joined
·
37,998 Posts
glad everybody was okay
 

·
Navy/Air Force/Army
Joined
·
16,988 Posts
Glad everyone is alright.


Folks, I hope you key in on the no smoke detector thing. You should always have detectors, especially if you have a fuel source of any type. And on O2 detector. They really do save lives. Our JC fire department will give and install smoke detectors if you are in need here in central MO.
 

·
King of Callaway
Joined
·
42,631 Posts
Glad you're ok
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,431 Posts
wow that was a close call. We had a flue fire couple years back looks like your was a little more sever as we didn't have to tear the flue out. Glad you all are OK.
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top