All of this talk of knives made me think...

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by Cherokee, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    About something my Dad gave me when I was 15. So it's 30 years old and it's one thing that has survived in my possession thru 2 ugly divorces and countless moves. Anyone ever see one of these?

[file]146366[/file]

[file]146368[/file]

[file]146370[/file]

[file]146372[/file]

2. Piney

Piney New Member

Feb 4, 2005
    SW MO
    Yes, I'am a Schrade nut and had one of those that disappeared at deer camp about 20 years ago. They do a good job on sharpening and then finish on fine stone. They fetch upwards of $50 on the bay so hang on to it.

Oh, and I like your sharp finger knife-have several of those also. :eek::

3. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    I just saw one on eBay for 110.00.
    This one is from my Dad and will never be for sale at any price. That sharp finger is a true weapon! It'll shave ya fer a nickel and give ya 3 cents back!:D

4. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    This is my ceramic, it puts an edge on a knife you wouldn't believe! I got this at the Mexico brick plant years ago. It was originally used as a cover for a temperature probe in a big kiln.

[file]146386[/file]

5. Piney

Piney New Member

Feb 4, 2005
    SW MO
    I too like the ceramic (crock sticks) but that thing is a HOSS! Bet it does work well.

6. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    I do a count down method on sharpening. I start with 10 strokes on one side and then 10 on the other, and so forth. When I get down to 1 stroke, I do that 10 times. Then my knife is like a razor. I have a hunk of that high density ceramic in my garage. It's 3" tall, 4" wide and a foot long. It's estimated weight is 45 lbs. It too will put a razor edge on a knife, but it's a beast to lug around.
    Remington had a knife out called a Rattlesnake. I can't find them anymore. I wanted one for my wife and one for my son. I sharpen it once and it will dress out 10 deer before it needs to be sharpened. Here it is;

[file]146404[/file]