All MWT members, please read:

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Gamegetter, Dec 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    There once was a man that decided to build and operate an establishment. He built the place the way he wanted to, with an outdoors theme and hoped it would be a good place for people to hang out, sip on their preferred drink and talk about hunting and fishing.

Everyone was welcome and he wanted everyone to have a good time. He decided he needed rules which basically came down to two rules: Play nice and no personal attacks.

This establishment became very popular and soon the number of people enjoying this establishment grew by leaps and bounds. The man that built this place was not perfect and didn't always make people happy, but yet by sticking with his main two rules, the place continued to grow, even when he had to kick some patrons out of his establishment.

Many years later this man's health began to decline to a point that he was concerned what would happen if he wasn't around any longer. Who would make sure that the bills were paid so the establishment could still be enjoyed by the many patrons that had met at his establishment and were now very good friends with each other?

So he sold his establishment and the new owners decided to keep the establishment open pretty much the same way as the previous owner. They put up a lot of advertising that some of the patrons didn't really like, but it helped keep the place open, so most got past that concern.

Then some patrons thought that no one should be kicked out of this establishment even if they didn't play nice and even if they made personal attacks directed at the establishment's volunteer clean up crew or at the outdoor professionals that were asked to voluntarily answer questions that the patrons may have.

They were wrong.

Play nice and no personal attacks. If you don't want to be a patron with these rules, find another establishment.

Thank you for reading. Feel free to pm me if you have any comment that you think would help the establishment.

Joe

2. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    No one's perfect. Not the moderators on this site, nor your favorite member on here. Moderators review reported posts, discuss and act on what is viewed as the best for MWT.

3. ryanlowe02

ryanlowe02 Sexual Intellectual

Aug 11, 2007
    Raymore, MO
    Did the troublemakers get their parting gifts at the door?

4. HarvDog

HarvDog Bro Staff

Mar 14, 2010
    East Side
    My favorite member is Burg, who's yours?

5. mx1alex

mx1alex #HFBO

Mar 26, 2008
    #HFBO
    As long as it's fair across the board I have no issue with people getting booted.

6. BustinBucks

BustinBucks Shotgun Instructor

Jul 31, 2006
    Eagleville, MO
    Play nice is so politically correct IMO. Is that what we've come to in here?

7. Rack_Hunter

Rack_Hunter Sensitivity Aficionado

Rules are NEVER administrated fairly!! :wave:

8. Judah

Judah Crossbow supporter

Oct 19, 2007
    Warren County
    Fair isn't that everyone gets the same.

Fair is that everyone gets what they need, want, or deserve.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  9. Judah

Judah Crossbow supporter

Oct 19, 2007
    Warren County
    Example

Attached Files:

10. BustinBucks

Jul 31, 2006
    Eagleville, MO
    I understand that play nice is rule number one. But we've got to have some guidelines on what that means.

11. Rack_Hunter

Would you care to elaborate on those words of wisdom?

12. Judah

Judah Crossbow supporter

Oct 19, 2007
    Warren County
    It is impossible to discern meaning and tone from text. People get offended when they take text in the wrong tone. See it all the time. Problem is, people take interactions on this forum WAY too seriously and personal.

13. BustinBucks

Jul 31, 2006
    Eagleville, MO

I do agree with you Jude.

14. Meller

Meller Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    This isn't playing nice...in fact it's a personal attack. But since it was an attack on 20' I guess no one cares.

Attached Files:

15. Rack_Hunter

OK, so your saying those with lower IQ's get different rules?

Because I don't see how climbing trees applies to much here.

16. mx1alex

mx1alex #HFBO

Mar 26, 2008
    #HFBO
    Heck some peoples sig lines are personal attacks.

17. Meller

Meller Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Personal attacks are fully tolerated and even encouraged by moderators, if you are attacking someone they don't like.

Attached Files:

18. Rack_Hunter

It's almost Christmas, can't we all just get along? :wave:

19. Northwoods

Northwoods Whitetail Heaven

Dec 1, 2013
    St. Louis
    And what you don't know is that my Dad (Meathunter) and 20' banter back and forth all the time and also talk through instant messages all the time messing with each other. Dad never got mad at 20' and 20' never gets upset at Dad. Fact of the matter is though, Dad collapsed with heart problems and was hospitalized and hasn't been able to get on here. I'm here at home with him now since Mom had to be gone with work, showed him this and he had saved that picture on his computer to tease 20 with but never got around to it so he told me what to post.

Not everyone has such thin skin that they can't have different views and still be friends and give each other BS.

20. Meller

Meller Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    EXACTLY!!! This is what I'm saying. The back and forth is all well and good until someone gets their precious feelings hurt. A good guy got the axe for dishing out a little ribbing. Someone couldn't handle it and cried to teacher. Then they drop the banhammer saying you weren't playing by the rules. Even though the rules are broken everyday, even by the enforcers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.