Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My pointer died the day after Christmas on a bird hunt and so I am selling all our gear.
It is all posted on Craigslist at this link. http://kirksville.craigslist.org/spo/4829257824.html

Garmin Astro 220 handheld with DC 20 Collar Bundle - $350
TriTronics G3 Sport Basic expandable - $225
Dog Box with Insulated Cover - $75

Selling all my hunting dog equipment. Items include a Garmin Astro dog tracking bundle preloaded with North America road maps on a micro sd card, a TriTronics G3 Sport Basic shock collar, and a dog box with insulated cover for hauling in truck. All items are in good working condition and ready to use. Everything works very well and I'm only selling as my hunting dog recently died and I'm not planning to buy a new one. Collars are both water proof and rechargeable. Handheld units work on regular batteries but last a very long time. Items can be bought together or separately. If purchased together can bundle prices. All prices are negotiable so make offers. Call, email or text.

Chance to buy very good used equipment at a very good discount!! Garmin package is well over $600 new with maps loaded. TriTronics cost $275 new. Dog Box was $50, and insulated cover was $50.
All offers considered!

·
Registered
13,098 Posts
Sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. Tough thing to deal with. Good luck on your sale.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
And for those that don't know, the Garmin Astro isn't just a normal GPS. It actually communicates with a dog collar to tell you where your dog is at all times. It will also tell you when the dog is on point or treeing. It gives you all kinds of stats about how long the dog has run, and how far. You can see your track on a map. You can also mark your truck and coveys that you've found with how many birds etc.
They are really pretty awesome. I remember several years ago I went hunting with HabitatMD and there was a snow on. The tracker said my dog was on point 10 yards from me and I couldn't find him. He was completely up under a fallen cedar tree. I don't know when I might have found him without the collar.
With this handheld being loaded with North America Maps, you can also use it as a normal GPS in your vehicle on trips.
With the maps loaded, this would retail over $600. It is an older unit, and obviously used but I still think $350 is a fair price. Will still entertain offers though!!

·
Registered
13,098 Posts
Thanks Tater, it certainly wasn't easy but with his heart condition the vet said that very thing might happen. I was so glad it was quick and happened while hunting.
I think anyone with a hunting dog would kind of wish that they'd go that way. I had to put down my old lab last March and it sucked. :(

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
And for those that don't know, the Garmin Astro isn't just a normal GPS. It actually communicates with a dog collar to tell you where your dog is at all times. It will also tell you when the dog is on point or treeing. It gives you all kinds of stats about how long the dog has run, and how far. You can see your track on a map. You can also mark your truck and coveys that you've found with how many birds etc.
They are really pretty awesome. I remember several years ago I went hunting with HabitatMD and there was a snow on. The tracker said my dog was on point 10 yards from me and I couldn't find him. He was completely up under a fallen cedar tree. I don't know when I might have found him without the collar.
With this handheld being loaded with North America Maps, you can also use it as a normal GPS in your vehicle on trips.
With the maps loaded, this would retail over $600. It is an older unit, and obviously used but I still think $300 is a fair price. Will still entertain offers though!!
How many collars?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Eric,
Please see the link to the Craigslist ad in the original post if you can for pics of the items. The dog box is just one of the plastic crates with metal gate/door, and it has a heavy insulated cover.
The Garmin just comes with one hand-held and one collar.
The TriTronics comes with one hand-held and one collar.
Thanks for your interest!

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
thats a heck of a deal for that garmin 220. if you hunt a dog and don't have a tracker your missing out. I'd rather go **** hunting without a rifle than my garmin. you can also use them garmin for marking treestands and use them for deer tracking as it tracks your path also for grid searches and what not.

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
and sorry to hear about your dog, they get in your heart thats for sure. and I know I just gave a good plug on your tracker but maybe wait a while to sell out? you may find a dog to follow in your buddys footsteps one day

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Chuck,
Thanks so much for the plug on the collar. You pointed out a couple other perks for sure. I hope somebody takes advantage of this deal as there's just nothing like having one if you're running dogs.
Thanks also for your suggestion on waiting. I've been contemplating this scenario for long before he died, and am at peace with it. It's the best thing for us right now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts