Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
61 - 80 of 86 Posts

· Registered
13,462 Posts
That's rich Seth............I've reread your post over and over and it appears to me as though you are the one missing the point.

Irregardless of anyone's politics..........final responsibility for ensuring the safety of that firearm rests SOLELY in the hands of Baldwin. He failed to clear the action, he pointed the gun at another human being without checking, and he pulled the trigger causing the gun to discharge.

I consider myself fairly open minded to all sides regardless of my leanings, but to place the blame on what occurred on anyone BUT Baldwin is simply laughable and disingenuous, politics be damned.
Again.....you are missing the point. Not a single person commenting in this thread is denying who is at fault here.

Let me try to simplify it for you. If you replaced Baldwin with say Clint Eastwood or any other actor that you're a big fan of, would you show leniency or defend them in any way simply because you like them? It shouldn't, but if it does, then you're proving the point being made.

· Máistir an pointe hocht.
75,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
I dunno Seth, I think most of the peoplle who post on MWT are serious enough about gun safety that we'd all want to see same thing regardless of the politics or fame of the perpetrator...... I feel that way anyway, gun safety is just that important to me.... :unsure:

· Registered
13,462 Posts
Can't speak for everybody, but it doesn't matter who they are, law should be applied the same.... We know it doesn't always work that way, but I firmly believe that it should. take it or leave it, it's how I feel.
Now you got it. That's how I feel as well. Maybe I'm wrong and most here will also see it this way, but I bet I'm not. At least the person I quoted has the balls to own it though so good for them.

I wonder how many more will still try to spin it like I'm somehow defending AB though when that is so not the case...... :ROFLMAO:

· Addicted Habitat Junkie/Duck Whore
3,894 Posts
I agree with everything you said about responsibility for the gun, but that has nothing to do with my comment at all. The guy I quoted said he'd show leniency towards the actor if it had happened to somebody that he likes (Eastwood, Wayne, etc) and I said he wouldn't be the only hypocrite here. That's all.

Do you honestly think the majority of this group would not show favoritism to somebody they are a fan of if they had done the same thing?
I guess we'll agree to disagree then as I do honestly believe that, though they may not like the outcome if it was somebody they like, myself included. Irregardless though, the law is the law, is the law. I don't care who you are, fame is not an excuse for stupidity!

· Under appreciated
93,233 Posts
Regarding if it were to be someone other than AB, it would help if that other person actually took responsibility for his action, admitted guilt, etc. What’s off-putting for me is how he insisted it wasn’t his fault, got that outpouring of media sympathy, etc.
I hate to say this, but I doubt you see Stephanopolis giving Clint Eastwood, Chris Pratt, or any other conservative-minded Christian gun supporter a milktoast interview like AB got.

I would say that taking responsibility, admitting guilt, etc would go a lot farther to garner positive public opinion than lying to everyone about what happened along with having the MSM in full-on protection mode.

· Registered
13,462 Posts
I don't care what name you insert, if that person is in charge of the film & does the hiring, then goes on to being the person who pulled the trigger & killed someone, I'd say apply the laws equally. Public opinion isn't what matters here, what matters, is the laws passed by legislature & being applied by the prosecutor.

If someone was killed on a jobsite, guess who OSHA is going to go after? Those in charge of the jobsite. Just like in this case, AB is in charge of that jobsite. He's responsible for the hiring & firing of staff, so yes, the responsibility is on him.
That's how it should be and I don't think there is a single person here who doesn't see it that way either. The guy I quoted just admitted to showing leniency towards the actor if it was somebody he liked and I said he'd have company. I don't think there are many people these days who hold all parties accountable for their actions on the same level. Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it if people are being honest with themselves.

· Super Moderator
28,594 Posts
I agree with everything you said about responsibility for the gun, but that has nothing to do with my comment at all. The guy I quoted said he'd show leniency towards the actor if it had happened to somebody that he likes (Eastwood, Wayne, etc) and I said he wouldn't be the only hypocrite here. That's all.

Do you honestly think the majority of this group would not show favoritism to somebody they are a fan of if they had done the same thing?
No, I think we may be saying something along the lines that we really like him but he 100% Accountable for his actions. Not a single person would be making excuses for such an irresponsible act,

· Registered
13,462 Posts
No, I think we may be saying something along the lines that we really like him but he 100% Accountable for his actions. Not a single person would be making excuses for such an irresponsible act,
Not a single person you say? You're the only person who liked the comment of somebody admitting that they would feel different if it had happened to a conservative actor. I guess 4 days is a long time to remember something though......

Water Font Rectangle Landscape Writing

Credit to ducks for at least being honest with himself.

· Registered
7,458 Posts
It wouldn’t matter to me who it was . The person holding the gun should be responsible in most situations. I’m not standing up for this but on a movie set I would think is a different case like having a detonator to blow up a building or something ,as if I was hunting or looking at a gun in real life .
How does a live round make it on a movie set?
Oh I don’t care any about AB . He stands against guns but makes a living with one on a set. He is the hypocrite!

3,123 Posts
Regardless of who it is they should be held responsible no doubt. I will say, who AB is , made him infinitely more likely to accidentally shoot the victim. By all accounts an arrogant actor, known for being a hard person to work with, coupled with little experience with, and ignorance of firearms. Tragedy waiting to happen

· Máistir an pointe hocht.
75,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
It's a pretty simple.... People are going to call out AB on this, because he's been a complete areseclown in regard to guns while at same time glorifying their use in his shows..... Complete hypocrite, then when this happened acted as if he had no cuplability in the matter. It was someone else's fault, he even claimed he didn't even pull the trigger at first. Will I feel less sympathy for him, compared to someone else if he gets hard time for this, you bet. A lot of people don't care for the dude, so it's only natural seeing him in pain, would bring a perverse sense of joy to many. :D

· Part-time malcontent
8,465 Posts
You're the only person who liked the comment of somebody admitting that they would feel different if it had happened to a conservative actor.
Not sure forming opinions on what someone else thinks based on whether or not they reacted to a comment is the best approach.

· Super Moderator
28,594 Posts
It's a pretty simple.... People are going to call out AB on this, because he's been a complete areseclown in regard to guns while at same time glorifying their use in his shows..... Complete hypocrite, then when this happened acted as if he had no cuplability in the matter. It was someone else's fault, he even claimed he didn't even pull the trigger at first. Will I feel less sympathy for him, compared to someone else if he gets hard time for this, you bet. A lot of people don't care for the dude, so it's only natural seeing him in pain, would bring a perverse sense of joy to many. :D
Well said and if it were a conservative actor we would not be defending him. But, ol Seth is left so here we are!

· Registered
13,462 Posts
Well said and if it were a conservative actor we would not be defending him. But, ol Seth is left so here we are!
Show me where I have done anything but agree with everybody else here when it comes to AB being guilty. Must have ol 20 by tongue since he’s resorting to calling me a lefty. :whistle:

May have to vote left next election so he can stop being wrong about that too.:unsure:

· Mt Sterling, Mo
5,430 Posts
Im not sticking up for dip****(ab) at all.........But in his mind ..They pay someone to be sure the firearm is safe ...so he shouldnt have to check it ,,,,,,,,Ultimately if he checked it ....They wouldnt need an armorer

61 - 80 of 86 Posts