Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
41 - 60 of 86 Posts

· Registered
1,403 Posts
I’d make him hurt financially, limit his ability to travel outside the country, serious community service, put a bracelet on his ankle and restrict his freedoms, but putting him in a cell don’t make sense to me because he didn’t intend to kill anyone, i dont want him taking a prison slot that could be filled by a real violent criminal. You can make his life miserable without putting him in a jail.
Love this, all I would add is he is no longer allowed to touch or handle ANY firearm, or ANY prop resembling a firearm, or any item that could be considered a real or fake firearm, small arm, large arm, basically anything that can launch a projectile or missile.

· Under appreciated
93,233 Posts
I cannot believe that anyone actually thinks he will see any jail time. We know that the media tried to actively exonerate him via the Stepanopolis softball interview that was scripted and planned, and other efforts.
I really dont think he will get much more than a slap on the wrist. Any monetary punishment on the criminal side wont cause him much harm if any. I think any remorse he has shown is a product of his skill as an actor. Remember, just days after, he was up to his usual going out for dinner, yelling at wait staff etc.
He is a jerk, but he’s a privileged hollywood jerk. Different set of rules for those folks.

The family is due millions of dollars in a civil proceeding. Thats where the punishment will come in and again, they know his net worth and what to ask. Most of that will be negotiations in the end.

The test against what I have said above is to consider what any normal citizen would get in a case like this.

Reactions: 20'

· just a no body
16,275 Posts
The family is due millions of dollars in a civil proceeding. Thats where the punishment will come in and again, they know his net worth and what to ask. Most of that will be negotiations in the end.
"We have reached a settlement, subject to court approval, for our wrongful death case against the producers of ‘Rust,’ including Alec Baldwin and Rust Movie Productions, LLC. As part of that settlement, our case will be dismissed," Matthew Hutchins said in a statement to Fox News Digital through his attorney Brian Panish of Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP.

· Máistir an pointe hocht.
75,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Love this, all I would add is he is no longer allowed to touch or handle ANY firearm, or ANY prop resembling a firearm, or any item that could be considered a real or fake firearm, small arm, large arm, basically anything that can launch a projectile or missile.
If he is a convicted felon. I believe that will be the case.

Reactions: pinwheel

· Registered
662 Posts
I’d make him hurt financially, limit his ability to travel outside the country, serious community service, put a bracelet on his ankle and restrict his freedoms, but putting him in a cell don’t make sense to me because he didn’t intend to kill anyone, i dont want him taking a prison slot that could be filled by a real violent criminal. You can make his life miserable without putting him in a jail.
I think he should get a year as the official prison soap picker upper. :):):)

· Under appreciated
93,233 Posts
"We have reached a settlement, subject to court approval, for our wrongful death case against the producers of ‘Rust,’ including Alec Baldwin and Rust Movie Productions, LLC. As part of that settlement, our case will be dismissed," Matthew Hutchins said in a statement to Fox News Digital through his attorney Brian Panish of Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP.
Thanks Bean, I hadn’t recalled that.
I guess a mock trial with a not guilty and he’s back to abusing women! :D

Reactions: beanpile

· Registered
13,462 Posts
I don’t like AB at all, and am not the least bit sorry for him-hope he goes to jail. But being honest, if it was Chris Pratt, Clint Eastwood, John Wayne, etc then I think I’d feel differently 🤷‍♂️.
Don't worry. It's obvious that you're not the only one who is a hypocrite here, but at least you're honest about it. If this same thing happened to any of the names you mentioned, we'd be saying "Well why didn't the person in charge of the firearms and blanks make sure it was OK first?". :sneaky:

· Part-time malcontent
8,465 Posts
They should pledge all proceeds from the film to a cause that helps families of innocent victims of gun violence, and/or gun safety programs.

· Super Moderator
28,594 Posts
Don't worry. It's obvious that you're not the only one who is a hypocrite here, but at least you're honest about it. If this same thing happened to any of the names you mentioned, we'd be saying "Well why didn't the person in charge of the firearms and blanks make sure it was OK first?". :sneaky:
the person in charge of the firearm was Baldwin!

75,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Let me ask you Seth..... If I handed you my 1911 45, and told you it was unloaded, so you pointed it at Bob and pulled the trigger, and it went off and killed him... What do you think would happen to you? I mean, I told you it was unloaded, I didn't tell you to point it at Bob an pull the trigger, but you did. I would expect, at minimum, you would be charged with negligent homicide, as would I for telling you the gun was empty. I honestly see no difference in this case, it's just the way I see how it would play out for anyone else. The fact he was making a movie, does not give him immunity from being prosecuted.

All that said, I don't think he belongs in prison for it, but should be held accountable in such a way it's at least a bit painful for the guy.

· Jenny's Lackey
47,892 Posts
I don't care what name you insert, if that person is in charge of the film & does the hiring, then goes on to being the person who pulled the trigger & killed someone, I'd say apply the laws equally. Public opinion isn't what matters here, what matters, is the laws passed by legislature & being applied by the prosecutor.

If someone was killed on a jobsite, guess who OSHA is going to go after? Those in charge of the jobsite. Just like in this case, AB is in charge of that jobsite. He's responsible for the hiring & firing of staff, so yes, the responsibility is on him.

3,123 Posts
I’m guessing no one on here has accidentally shot someone. Only a guess mind you . The reason I would guess, is because we all grew up around guns and know the basic safety rules. If someone hands me a rifle, shotgun or handgun, I immediately check the action to see if it’s loaded or not . I don’t care what the person handing it to me says , I check it . I was taught this from the beginning. I suspect most of us were

· Addicted Habitat Junkie/Duck Whore
3,894 Posts
You missed the point like usual.....
That's rich Seth............I've reread your post over and over and it appears to me as though you are the one missing the point.

Irregardless of anyone's politics..........final responsibility for ensuring the safety of that firearm rests SOLELY in the hands of Baldwin. He failed to clear the action, he pointed the gun at another human being without checking, and he pulled the trigger causing the gun to discharge.

I consider myself fairly open minded to all sides regardless of my leanings, but to place the blame on what occurred on anyone BUT Baldwin is simply laughable and disingenuous, politics be damned.

· Registered
13,462 Posts
Let me ask you Seth..... If I handed you my 1911 45, and told you it was unloaded, so you pointed it at Bob and pulled the trigger, and it went off and killed him... What do you think would happen to you? I mean, I told you it was unloaded, I didn't tell you to point it at Bob an pull the trigger, but you did. I would expect, at minimum, you would be charged with negligent homicide, as would I for telling you the gun was empty. I honestly see no difference in this case, it's just the way I see how it would play out for anyone else. The fact he was making a movie, does not give him immunity from being prosecuted.

All that said, I don't think he belongs in prison for it, but should be held accountable in such a way it's at least a bit painful for the guy.
I agree with everything you said about responsibility for the gun, but that has nothing to do with my comment at all. The guy I quoted said he'd show leniency towards the actor if it had happened to somebody that he likes (Eastwood, Wayne, etc) and I said he wouldn't be the only hypocrite here. That's all.

Do you honestly think the majority of this group would not show favoritism to somebody they are a fan of if they had done the same thing?

75,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I agree with everything you said about responsibility for the gun, but that has nothing to do with my comment at all. The guy I quoted said he'd show leniency towards the actor if it had happened to somebody that he likes (Eastwood, Wayne, etc) and I said he wouldn't be the only hypocrite here. That's all.

Do you honestly think the majority of this group would not show favoritism to somebody they are a fan of if they had done the same thing?
Can't speak for everybody, but it doesn't matter who they are, law should be applied the same.... We know it doesn't always work that way, but I firmly believe that it should. take it or leave it, it's how I feel.

41 - 60 of 86 Posts