Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

· Máistir an pointe hocht.
75,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whether you like the dude or not....

I guarantee you, if someone handed me a gun, told me it was empty, I didn't check, pointed it at a friend and killed them, I would be facing man slaughter charges at minimum, why is this even in question.

1. Why on Earth are they using "real" firearms in movies.
2. So, I know I am holding a "real" firearm in my hand, before I could ever consider squeezing the trigger, I would verify 100% that it's not loaded.

Does the guy need to go to prison for this, I guess that's debateable, as for the most Part, I think prison should be saved for violent criminals. But, at minimum, he needs to be held accountable for his actions, or maybe it's lack of action.

3,083 Posts

I guarantee you, if someone handed me a gun, told me it was empty, I didn't check, pointed it at a friend and killed them, I would be facing man slaughter charges at minimum, why is this even in question.

2. So, I know I am holding a "real" firearm in my hand, before I could ever consider squeezing the trigger, I would verify 100% that it's not loaded.

Does the guy need to go to prison for this, I guess that's debateable, as for the most Part, I think prison should be saved for violent criminals. But, at minimum, he needs to be held accountable for his actions, or maybe it's lack of action.
Well said .

· Registered
556 Posts
Agree with you 100% @callaojoe . When you're going to be in a movie/show using firearms there should be a course you go through with an instructor for proper firearms training prior to filming, even if using blanks/empty guns. Furthermore, a safety check procedure should be done each and every time they are going to be handled. If it leaves your control (set down, lunch, resuming the next day, etc) you should be checking the weapon is safe again when picking it back up.

· Part-time malcontent
8,455 Posts
I was wondering why he was pointing a gun at a photographer. I’m guessing they were getting film with the camera perspective of being fired upon, and that’s how the photographer and director may have gotten into the line of fire. You see that shot all the time in the movies.

75,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was wondering why he was pointing a gun at a photographer. I’m guessing they were getting film with the camera perspective of being fired upon, and that’s how the photographer and director may have gotten into the line of fire. You see that shot all the time in the movies.
Agreed but for the life of me, I cannot understand why anyone would ever use a real firearm, capable of firing real ammuntion for a movie prop... That defies all logic to me, but assuming that is what has to be done, before I squeeze the trigger, I am making sure it's ok and not taking someone else word on it.....

It was neglegence for sure, combined with a whole lot of ignorance.

Reactions: DPx2 and 421sd

75,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
IMHO this is a serious crime and he needs prison time, but expecting plea deal and probation or "community service". 🤬
That is what I expect as well, he'll maybe pay a fine, do some community service, and get probation or suspended sentence..... I don't see him doing hard time for this.

Reactions: huntinmo

· Registered
4,621 Posts
he will get probabation, a fine, and maybe some community service which will probably never get served. It is terrible what happened, a mom lost her life, and he just blames other people, its not his fault according to him.

Kudos to NM and their prosecutor for doing something about it, best of luck to her!

· Grrrrrrr
30,190 Posts
Seems to me several people are accountable in some way but Baldwin pulled the trigger. There’s no way he intended to harm anyone so I think involuntary manslaughter is appropriate. Do folks get prison time for that? I suppose they do in some cases but like said above this will cost him more financially than in sentencing. But I suspect the mental toll it’s had on him has been worse than anything that’s coming.

· Mt Sterling, Mo
5,428 Posts

Authenticity ,,,Come on man He wouldnt allow nra instructors to be on set ,,,,So he hired some newb with only one job experience under her belt
I believe civil case has already happened

· Part-time malcontent
8,455 Posts
But I suspect the mental toll it’s had on him has been worse than anything that’s coming.
Perhapse, but he’s shown little remorse or concern as far as I’ve seen. Like others have said, he blames others.

Agreed but for the life of me, I cannot understand why anyone would ever use a real firearm, capable of firing real ammuntion for a movie prop... That defies all logic to me, but assuming that is what has to be done, before I squeeze the trigger, I am making sure it's ok and not taking someone else word on it.....

It was neglegence for sure, combined with a whole lot of ignorance.
I’m not trying to absolve him of responsibility, I just want that clear. I just was trying to resolve with myself why the gun was pointed at others in the first place. He should have checked the gun himself and/or confirmed the gun safe with 2 or three others witnessing, IMO.

1,356 Posts
There is probably a list of individuals that deserve involuntary manslaughter charges. Those that approved a real pistol and the one that loaded it are top of the list along with Alec pulling the trigger. Not defending him, but there is definitely more than one person responsible for this senseless tragedy. Honestly I equate it to handing a child a loaded weapon. There are millions of adults that are completely clueless about basic firearms safety and that number grows every day.

6,956 Posts
I don’t like AB at all, and am not the least bit sorry for him-hope he goes to jail. But being honest, if it was Chris Pratt, Clint Eastwood, John Wayne, etc then I think I’d feel differently 🤷‍♂️.

· just a no body
16,264 Posts
Agreed but for the life of me, I cannot understand why anyone would ever use a real firearm, capable of firing real ammuntion for a movie prop...
I bet you'd be shocked to know that a vast majority of movies we all enjoyed..Dirty Harry.. was a real weapon. That being said I heard it mentioned to use CGI for all weapons in the future..

I read there is at least 1 fatality a year in movie .

· Under appreciated
93,225 Posts
Seems to me several people are accountable in some way but Baldwin pulled the trigger. There’s no way he intended to harm anyone so I think involuntary manslaughter is appropriate. Do folks get prison time for that? I suppose they do in some cases but like said above this will cost him more financially than in sentencing. But I suspect the mental toll it’s had on him has been worse than anything that’s coming.
Mental tolls are normally reserved for people whose conscious has a detectable pulse.

· Registered
9,765 Posts

Everybody on that set who was a boss or handled the props and guns should be charged. Handling a liberal Hollywood dip**** a gun is like handing it to a toddler intelligence wise

1 - 20 of 86 Posts