Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talked w/ our guide in Canada and was told that this past Saturday while making his rounds to the baits he was confronted by a couple bears and one even charged halfway in on him. He said he started making alot of noise and waving around like a madman while backing up slowly. It worked and he made it back to the truck safely.

He had called and said a month ago that the bears were hitting the baits more aggresively than usual this year and that things should be good. Well, I don't know what to think about good now?! Anyway I've heard that they had a not so good berry crop this year and that most berries are almost gone already making the bears rather hungry and protective of bait sites.

By the way our guide has been guiding bear hunts since the 70's and says this is the first time this has happened. Hopefully the last..:eek:

Well regardless I'm still looking forward to a great hunt and a great time w/ friends. Come on Aug. 25th:wave:

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
You might pack along an AR-15....................just for the fun of it.

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
ah hell,that just makes it a little funner:rotfl::rotfl:

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I thought you were just suppose to pack your mag light and wack them on the nose if they came after you. That my be what they tell you to do but I think I would pack a 44 mag instead.

·
5,632 Posts
Whatever you do, don't say this...

"Hey, hold my beer and watch this!!"

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Originally posted by jmmcguire

BWAAAhAHAHAAAHAA
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It don't really make me too uneasy except I just watched a show on Brown Bears on Kodiak Island and what happened there in '99 when the berry crop was bad and the bears were more or less starving....Just makes you think of the hint of danger a little more....

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by jmmcguire

They say that you don't have to be able to out run the bear just your buddy.....;)

·
5,632 Posts
Leave the purple pack of Skittles at home!

·
5,632 Posts
Originally posted by alwyshntn
They say that you don't have to be able to out run the bear just your buddy.....;)
That's funny unless you're fat like me!

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I picked a partner w/ a bum knee.....:rotfl:

·
5,632 Posts
Originally posted by alwyshntn
I picked a partner w/ a bum knee.....:rotfl:
That's my boy! I'll take mental fortitude over fast running ANY day!

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
your a smart man,i never go in bear country without someone i can out run.or at least a knife where i can cut a ankle tendon to slow them down a bit:rotfl:

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Originally posted by coyotehunter
or at least a knife where i can cut a ankle tendon to slow them down a bit:rotfl:
:eek: OUCH! :eek:

Just remember when they start climbing the tree that your stand is in......they're just curious! :hysterical:

I'm sorry......I couldn't help it........just BEAR with me......

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Parker

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for all the advice....:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I'm still laughing:D

I'm the only one in my group going strickly bow only.Maybe I'm not the smartest one:confused:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.