Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if an airsoft gun would shoot a soybean into mud and get good "ground contact"

Obviously I am getting slap happy with ZERO corn planted ..ZERO milo planted ..ZERO beans planted ..think I will go out on the tin roofed porch ..light a cigars and sip a couple inches of Mr Beam and listen to the rain

Bear

· Registered
3,063 Posts
In my area I’ve only seen one corn field up so far and he got lucky with the planting. Emergence was fast too

Reactions: Broken Bear

· Land buying addiction
13,978 Posts
Last year farmer planted corn July 10th on my farm. It was probably the best stand in Monroe county. Lots of corn was planted around here and is now underwater. My uncle has about 220 acres of corn planted and switched to beans. He says beans will grow in the mud where corn won’t. Hopefully it dries up they have another 500 acres of corn to go.

· Quack
5,521 Posts
Monday was a good day to plant round here.

Need to apply for 40 acres of industrial hemp permit. I hear it'll grow in standing water

· Registered
3,681 Posts
I know nothing about farming.If everyone is going from corn to beans/milo..will they be able to get seeds?Do they stockpile both on their farm,have to have a "contract" with a supplier,prices go up,differnt type of fertilizer/weed sprap.

How does it work?

· Under appreciated
93,225 Posts
I know nothing about farming.If everyone is going from corn to beans/milo..will they be able to get seeds?Do they stockpile both on their farm,have to have a "contract" with a supplier,prices go up,differnt type of fertilizer/weed sprap.

How does it work?
for production ag, forecasts are given for acreage well in advance of planting season so seed bulkup can happen. Its not perfect but its close. The companies that forecast demand the best do the best. Not a lot unlike many other commodity-driven businesses. Shifts from one crop to another are pretty predictable with rotational agriculture practices.

5,653 Posts
I wonder if an airsoft gun would shoot a soybean into mud and get good "ground contact"

Obviously I am getting slap happy with ZERO corn planted ..ZERO milo planted ..ZERO beans planted ..think I will go out on the tin roofed porch ..light a cigars and sip a couple inches of Mr Beam and listen to the rain

Bear
Yeah I was wondering about an "air seeder" myself. Maybe a drone with a gps calibrated full auto seed gun.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.