Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
5,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hadnt had a chance to get out for the last 2 weeks but thankfully season still has time left in ks. there had been 3 2yr olds that had been gobbling hard earlier in the season and had a big harem with em (aprox 10 hens) the would roost right on the public land border and then walk out to a field (150 yards on private "NO HUNTING, NO WAY" land) then gobble all day long and the hens would stay out all day with em. I figured all the hens would be nesting and hopefully them birds would still be hot....well they were I got tired of hearing them gobble bur refuse to move, about 9 am (3 hours of nonstop gobbling) I walked back to my truck and drove down the road that borders the field that they hang out in...and all 3 of them were strutting and had 13 HENS!!!!!:mad2: what gives? :confused: realy wished the landowner didnt have a "defender of wildlife" sticker on his car window.:banghead:

· Registered
8,764 Posts
Most likely the hens nests got ruined during the wet weather we had a few weeks ago. I'm thinking of going to south Kansas and possibly west central with henry next weekend. Who knows what will be going on by then.

Jack

· Banned
81,617 Posts
Originally posted by JackJr
and possibly west central with henry next weekend. Who knows what will be going on by then.

Jack
The beans are planted,,,,,I'm planning on next weekend,,so don't get busy:D

:cheers::cheers:

· Registered
6,021 Posts
hey todd

your friend mu needs some help I guess there behind since he's not working and needs some help planting there plots
since you got more experience maybe you better help them and i will go take your spot with jack;)

· Banned
81,617 Posts
Originally posted by huntforfunnfood
hey todd

your friend mu needs some help I guess there behind since he's not working and needs some help planting there plots
I'd be glad to,,,,,which week in late June are you talking about????:D

:cheers::cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.