Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm also looking for new sights this year, either the Copper John dead nuts 5 pin hunter or the extreme RT900. Anyone have any opinions on these?:D

Pro's, con's? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
:D

The Cooper John is top notch. I shot a variation of that site last year. They are a well built product.

You will probably want to add the light tho, the Copper Johns fiberoptics aren't long enough to gather much light. But with the light on it, it will work great.

Don't know anything about the RT 900

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
i have an extreme sniper sight (model 500). i love it! it's tough as nails. the only problem is that the pins are not the worlds brightest....

don't know much about copper john, but i hear they are good...

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Looked up the RT900. It looks very similar to the Viper Hunter which I KNOW is an excellent product. In fact, if it was me, the Viper Hunter would be the one I'd buy if I was buying a sight in that catagory.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you know if the Copper John light is UV? I saw a picture of the sight lit up and I thought I read it was uv, I dont remember, but I do recall the only things that reacted were the pins and level.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Used to shoot a CJ Dead Nuts, but I had some trouble with the fibers breaking going through the brush. They make a cover for it, but I always thought if I happened to see something while walking in, the cover would be a pain to get off/open up.

I ended up going with Spot Hogg. Really like the sight and the fibers are well protected, just not too bright. They are a bit pricey too, but I am glad I spend the $$$ now.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know the Spot-Hogg is top notch but the sight picture always seemed kinda cluttered to me, the pins seem to really block off the whole right side, but to be fair when I checked it out it wasn't mounted on a bow, I just held it out at arms lenth.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Yeah, you are right, the pins are a little thicker and they way they angle in on something quick kind of blocks the sight window some. Plus, it can get a little touchy trying to get then pins set in with micro adjust. Once you get it there, don't have to worry about it tough.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Originally posted by DShootnstGentemn
Looked up the RT900. It looks very similar to the Viper Hunter which I KNOW is an excellent product. In fact, if it was me, the Viper Hunter would be the one I'd buy if I was buying a sight in that catagory.
i have heard good things about viper as well. i thought i heard they were an off-shoot of extreme (someone left extreme to make viper). but copper john is also a good sight. probably couldn't go wrong with either one.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Originally posted by DShootnstGentemn
:D

The Cooper John is top notch. I shot a variation of that site last year. They are a well built product.

You will probably want to add the light tho, the Copper Johns fiberoptics aren't long enough to gather much light. But with the light on it, it will work great.

Don't know anything about the RT 900
I know some won't care, and that's up to them, but putting a light on your bow will disqualify your buck from Pope and Young, if ya kills one of course!!! :smiley:

·
Registered
12,626 Posts
Viper Pro Predator is a great sight. I love the 6" extension and the dove tail. Like to stick that sight as far out there as I can get it. But for hunting I think I would bring it in a little closer to the riser. Don't need any light for that one.

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
Spot hogg here.. :wave:

·
Registered
83 Posts
you might want to check out the sword sites available in different dia and pins from .010 and up also looks like copperjohn and comes with lite 3rd axis and very well built but about 20.00 cheaper.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.