Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the best, easiest, most efficient place to print out a large aerial map of a piece of property?

lookingbto get a couple printed out for ourselves and the owner.
Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
What resources do you have available to use? I’ve had a CAD/GIS operator print out anything up to a D-sized drawing just using a normal GoogleEarth, Mapquest, Bing or whatever image. But you need to have a printer that can print sheets that big. I’m not 100% certain they still do it, but you can save the image on a flash drive and take that to FedEx Office (formerly Kinkos) and I think they can print the image to D size or maybe bigger. At least some locations can or in the past could print that size sheets.

·
Registered
31,987 Posts
Huntstand is what I have been using. Price isn't bad compared to most I have looked at or bought in the past.
I was looking at those. I have a couple of questions.
Have you seen both the canvas and poly vinyl to compare and if so what do you prefer?
Is the resolution/print quality good enough on the larger sizes or would I be better off with a smaller print that looks sharper? I am interested in them for a relatively square 160 acre and a rectangular 330 acre piece.

·
Living The Dream
363 Posts
I was looking at those. I have a couple of questions.
Have you seen both the canvas and poly vinyl to compare and if so what do you prefer?
Is the resolution/print quality good enough on the larger sizes or would I be better off with a smaller print that looks sharper? I am interested in them for a relatively square 160 acre and a rectangular 330 acre piece.
I have only done the poly vinyl. I usually do the 24x36 and the resolution seems the same vs the next smaller size that I have also ordered. Easy process, quick proof and typically at your door within a week.

·
Registered
31,987 Posts
Rooting around the web I ran across KARTA | DIY Custom Outdoor + Hunting Maps (kartamaps.com) . Anybody ever ordered from them? Quite a few options and reasonably priced. I particularly liked the different images available. The "forest world image" is a winter picture of our place so the woods are brown with the cedars standing out bright green. We are going to be removing these in the years to come so this will make a great "where we started" poster. 30"X45" is $70, free shipping.

Reactions: 90acres
1 - 9 of 9 Posts