Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
71,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks for all the input, I am gonna give the DP traps a try. Now, all I need to do is find someone who can make a hat for me out of one of the hides.. :D

·
Part-time malcontent
7,610 Posts
You can't say c00n on this forum? Lmao
Nope, because the overlords are going to prevent all of us intrinsic racists from acting on our natural tendencies.

Maybe try ‘trash pandas’ as an acceptable replacement?

·
Part-time malcontent
7,610 Posts
Thanks for all the input, I am gonna give the DP traps a try. Now, all I need to do is find someone who can make a hat for me out of one of the hides.. :D

Forehead Chin Tie Coat Dress shirt

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Nope, because the overlords are going to prevent all of us intrinsic racists from acting on our natural tendencies.

Maybe try ‘trash pandas’ as an acceptable replacement?
This is descriptive for sure, as is 'wash bear' (as they are called on the Continent). o_O

·
Under appreciated
90,349 Posts
I just set the dp by hand. How does the tool or screwdriver method work. Always scared of getting snapped.
I have this one. I use it when I can find it, they are easy to lose. But they are pretty easy to set by hand also so...

Reactions: Barnold1

·
Registered
19,415 Posts
if buying thraps new, do you need to boil them of any prep?
Nope... trash pandas, bobcats, skunks, opossums aren’t as finicky when it comes to traps/DP’s

Regular coil spring foot hold style traps for coyotes, fox etc should be cleaned up, boiled, dyed then waxed....

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
46,978 Posts
A friend of mine would dye his traps with black walnuts boiled in water. Came out black as night. So did everything else it touched. lol

He also told me if you have tree limb with a small hole in it, put something shiny in there. The "trash panda" will reach in for it, grab it and then his paw won't come out. But he won't let go of said shiny object. A full moon helps this process.

·
Under appreciated
90,349 Posts
There are a few folks on trapping forums that say the white color is an attractant, I’m not sure about that but yes, a **** will have a lot of the paint knocked off my morning.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts