Acorn N'raged? baiting?

Discussion in 'Deer Management, Habitat & Conservation' started by t-tomshooter, Nov 6, 2010.

1. t-tomshooter

t-tomshooter Senior Member

Apr 17, 2010
    deer county
    just wandered if its considered as baiting since the bag says its only an attractant?

2. GTOHunter

GTOHunter Well-Known Member

Its a man-made attractant.......and would more than likely fall under the "Baiting" category,nice try though! :stickfight: :stickfight: :whistle: :shrug:

3. t-tomshooter

Apr 17, 2010
    deer county
    i dont get how wal-mart and bass pro can sell that stuff during hunting season cuz i see lots of people buying it and im sure there not waiting to pour it out jan. 16th:)

4. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    The can sell it for folks to use as they choose....it's up to the hunters to not hunt over food items. Kinda like it's up to hunters to not use rifles during archery season etc, etc, etc.

5. t-tomshooter

Apr 17, 2010
    deer county
    What about the liquid green's N' Raged instant mineral site or the apple buck jam? is it classified as bait or just an attractant? thanks for any info:)

6. conradtactical

conradtactical New Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Jefferson County, MO
    [rquote=1883411&tid=131180&author=t-tomshooter]i dont get how wal-mart and bass pro can sell that stuff during hunting season cuz i see lots of people buying it and im sure there not waiting to pour it out jan. 16th:)[/rquote]

Why? Cuz they sell them off the shelves! They don't care about regulations, its about making money!

7. Why would they not sell it? Not different than 50 pound bags of corn at mfa. I just wonder how many folks are using that stuff, and complaining about the guys baiting with corn! :D

8. DUTCHMAN

DUTCHMAN New Member

Aug 23, 2009
    Gasconade County,MO
    Its def "baiting" a copnservation agent i know in this area claims he cant wait to find the first person this year hunting over some its ticket time

9. And if what the bag says is the deciding factor, I will get some bags of corn and write attract on them and sell them for 25 bucks a bag. :D

10. txcobowhunter

txcobowhunter Deer Gear Collecter

Oct 5, 2008
    Texas County
    As it was explained to me, anything made from a food base would be considered baiting.

11. kodiak1269

kodiak1269 New Member

Oct 3, 2007
    pacific
  12. letemgrow

letemgrow Well-Known Member

[rquote=1883671&tid=131180&author=txcobowhunter]As it was explained to me, anything made from a food base would be considered baiting.[/rquote]

Exactly, minerals are okay to hunt over, anything made with acorns, corn, beans etc are not okay to hunt over. :wave:

13. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

It's not illegal to sell it, but it's illegal for the buyer to put it out while hunting.

Some may be buying it to put out after the season.

14. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    Sad thing is that the employes at walmart will answer no its not baighting when asked by a customer is that block or branuaels is ok to use whiel hunting.

15. t-tomshooter

Apr 17, 2010
    deer county
    Thanks for the input guys!:claphands:

16. blevely

blevely White Board Man

Jul 15, 2004
    Here and There
    It's considered baiting in Callaway County for sure, Couple years ago I cleared it through 1 agent and the other agent didn't agree

17. Steven

Steven Member

Oct 28, 2005
    Fenton/Owensville
    Thats why you get the acorn rage buck bomb.

18. conradtactical

conradtactical New Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Jefferson County, MO
    [rquote=1883643&tid=131180&author=DUTCHMAN]Its def "baiting" a copnservation agent i know in this area claims he cant wait to find the first person this year hunting over some its ticket time[/rquote]

Ewwwwww... A fearless agent!

19. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    [rquote=1883844&tid=131180&author=Longbow26] Sad thing is that the employes at walmart will answer no its not baighting when asked by a customer is that block or branuaels is ok to use whiel hunting. [/rquote]

Anyone who is using a walmart employee for information regarding the MDC regulations is asking the wrong person.

Of course it can be sold any time of the year. You can buy lots of things everyday that can be used for illegal purposes... dont mean folks shouldnt sell it.

20. Wings Fan 19

Wings Fan 19 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Kansas City, MO.
    If the product has protein or carbohydrates in it, it's considered a food source. A food source = baiting.