Accidents reports and cwd checking station add-on

Discussion in '(MDC) All other hunting related questions......' started by Haris122, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Haris122

Haris122 Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Usually by the end of the main rifle season Mdc used to publish a report of the serious accidents that happened. Last year, and I think even the year before, I didn’t see any such reports/articles. Is that gone for good?

Also, if we harvest a deer in the cwd monitoring counties outside of opening weekend, would the check stations still be around to test them, and would we have to go to a station in the county we harvested the deer in, or if it’s more convenient could we go to a station in a different county that’s more along the way home?

2. Maconplc

Maconplc Active Member

Dec 14, 2009
    I don't know about the accident statistics. I know mdc keeps those stats and you could call or write the Jeff City office to get them but I don't know if they are published in any handout.
    Mandatory sampling only occurs on opening weekend. If you harvest a deer those 2 days in a county that requires it then you must take it to a sampling station. That station does not have to be in the same county that you harvested the deer. After opening weekend, if you harvest a deer and would like to get it tested then you can take it to a voluntary sampling station (find them at mdc.mo.gov/cwd) and have it tested.

Haris122 likes this.