Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for good places to hunt from a chair. access etc.
in west central missouri. also managed hunt info. for this area. spring -fall deer and turkey.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Welcome aboard Zipzap. Take a look at my website, afarcry.info, then go to the regs and info section and check out Missouri.

Don

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Welcome aboard zipzap! :cheers:

Plan on hanging out for a while! We enjoy lots of stories......especially ones with pics.

Parker

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Howdy n welcome zip :cheers:

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Welcome to the board!!
:cheers::cheers:

I think this link will help you...
http://www.mdc.mo.gov/hunt/deer/deertuk/seven.htm

Scroll down.... You'll see "Wheelchair Confined Hunters"
And you can read a lot on the page about managed hunts.

Hunts are held at:
August A. Busch Memorial Conservation Area
Burr Oak Woods Conservation Area
Caney Mountain Conservation Area
Cuivre River State Park (maximum of three wheelchair hunters)
Drury-Mincy Conservation Area
Fleming Park (east side)
James A. Reed Wildlife Area
Mingo National Wildlife Refuge (maximum of five wheelchair hunters)
Peck Ranch Conservation Area
Prairie Fork Creek Conservation Area
Rock Bridge State Park (maximum of two wheelchair hunters)
Shaw Nature Reserve

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to all for the welcome and thanks to lefty for the info I will check it out. I have hunted in managed hunts at smithville 2004 and 2005 bagged three deer both hunts and i attended the first spring turkey hunt held ther last year and bagged a 26lb'er 1 1/2 in spurs 9" beard. I wish I could say I got one this year but no such luck. I now have the fever and would like to attend as many hunts as possible. Ive not heard of a managed fall turkey hunt, if anyone has info on this topic for this area (w. central mo.) Id sure apreciate it.
Im also looking for anyone with land in this area that would be willing to allow a person such as myself to hunt.
Thanks again everyone and happy hunting.

·
Registered
12,626 Posts
ZipZap, you need to come down to our Benefit 3d shoot on the 3rd of June in Osceola. We are going to be giving away a 3 day combination fall Turkey/Deer hunt to one of the shooters in the crossbow class. The hunt has been donated by Trukey Ridge Outfitters:cheers:. If you don't have a crossbow to use sound off and we'll do what we can to find someone that will let you borrow one.

MoBowman ```---------->

·
19,585 Posts
Welcome to MissouriWhitetails, ZipZap...

You definitely need to check out the managed deer hunt for disabled, at Truman Lake!

I'll get the contact info together, and post it for you ASAP...

I started my hunting "career" at the Smithville Lake disabled hunt, back in '92.

Where in MO are you located?

I live about 15 miles East of Clinton, just North of Truman Lake.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mobowman that sounds like fun. I havn't shot bow scince my disability but have recently been lookin for a good crossbow. It would definatly allow me more time in the field. Is ther an entry fee or any literature on this event?

chairman' I'm aprox. 30m n. of k.c. smithville is about 10 miles.
yeah truman would be great. I'm thinkin ther would be some great hunting in that area. Sure would apreciate the info.

·
19,585 Posts
Originally posted by Chairman
You definitely need to check out the managed deer hunt for disabled, at Truman Lake!

I'll get the contact info together, and post it for you ASAP...
Call Larry Smith, and ask him to put you on their mailing list for the disabled hunt. Sometime in September, you'll receive an application tha needs to be signed by a doctor, to verify your disability. Make sure to submit the application by the deadline.

Contact Person: Larry D. Smith

Phone #: 660-438-7317 ext. 1212

Address:

Harry S. Truman Project Office
Corps Of Engineers
Route 2, Box 29-A
Warsaw, MO. 65355-9603

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.