Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's something to think about when your flinging arrows

As some of you may know, my physical condition has gone pretty much South in recent years. MS is nasty stuff! My legs don't work at all, my right arm is shot, and my left is fading fast. I got a crossbow permit five years ago when it got too tough to use my regular bow. Haven't shot a regular bow since then. Enough about me since I only put this in here for background.

Yesterday, we were out back so my son, Riley, could practice with his new Longbow. He was pushing me to try pulling it back. I did, with my left arm. Next step, of course, was that he wanted me to try shooting an arrow. Yeah, right. When I did, the arrow flew about 5 ft. He got me to try over and over, doing a little better each time. To make a long story short, by the end of evening, I was shooting fairly reasonable groups at five yards! Ain't a long ways, but it was pretty wild as he held the bow for me. My fingers really feel it but what a feeling after not doing it for five years!

This afternoon, we are moving back to 10 yds. What a slave driver! A pretty special kid, eh!

Don

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
special seems too small of a word to describe him,keep it up and fight the good fight,you can win all the small battles and look back and you will notice it was a big one you won :dancin:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys! He is super people and I'm proud to be his dad! Oh, ghost Hunter, he is already my bow hunting partner. I just do crossbow and he does compound. I wonder though, if anyone's ever killed a deer with their helper holding the bow and the person with a disability drawing it back and aiming. Won't be ready this year, but maybe next!
Don

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.