A little teaser...

Discussion in 'Turkey Photo Gallery' started by FiremanBrad, Apr 20, 2006.

1. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Here's some pics of my double bearder I took about 8 yrs ago or so, down in Benton County...10 oclock hunt, 22 1/2lbs, 1 1/8" spurs, 11" and 10 5/8" FULL beards...Had him mounted and put in a glass case with walnut trim. Complete with a fake morel, and a nice 4pt antler shed. I had come to the house to shed some heavy clothes because of it warming up after the morning hunt, told my stepdad and papa that I'd be right back with my turkey, they both laughed as I walked off...lol. I set up my decoys in a nice clearing down in a creek bottom where I had heard a gobbler earlier that morning. I got sat down next to a big hedge tree, hit my glass call one time and he fired right back, from about 100 yds. I waited a minute or two, called again, and he had cut the distance to about 50 yds, with another Tom in tow, and they were closing fast....He came in strutting, spittin, and drummin....I had a mouthcall in, and as he came into the decoys, I just HAD to hear him gobble one more time. I made the sickest sounding squeak one could ever make with a mouthcall, and he ducked and was runnin out of there!!! Luckily he stopped at 48 paces to look back, and I was on him. Dad's 1100 3" mag made good on the shot! I always said, the Remington knocked him down, but my Rocky's killed him!!!

[​IMG]

2. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Here's a pic of a tailfan, beards, and spurs I have on the wall too....I have a ton of beards and spurs ready to hang, just haven't done it yet....lol

[​IMG]

3. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    Sweet !!!!

You guys are killin me !

4. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

pretty cool fireman.

5. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Great pictures Fireman, hope to have one of them tail feathers mounted above my fireplace before to long:cheers:

MoBowman ```----------->

6. riverbottomhunter

riverbottomhunter Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Chariton Co.
    That is an awesome mount brad. I would hate to guess what something like that would cost.

7. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Brad, awesome mount. You use the same fan mount boards I do. Where are you finding those nowadays? I need some more.

Jack

8. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Back when I had it done, the bird was $400, glass case was $300...and the way I keep house, the case was worth it....lol. I'm sure the price has gone up through the years...The Turkey Roost, in Kirksville, last I knew, were up to $650 for the bird...I believe they are about the best around on turkeys these days!!! With mine having 2 full beards, a great trophy bird to me anyway, and being single at the time..lol, it was worth the 400 bucks too!!! Most taxidermists I know take interest free payments....lol

9. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Seems to me that fanmount/beard board came from a guy up in Carrollton, Mo....I think he usually has a booth at the deer classic, not far from the front entrance, on your right as you come in the door, second isle!!! Can't remember the name though...Ya might be able to search thru the vendors names?

10. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Brad gonna have to look at those vendors. It seems like that is hwere I got the ones I have. Thanks!!

Jack

11. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    Those are some teasers for sure!!
    :cheers::cheers: