a little graphic dead deer

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by hunter7x, Mar 29, 2006.

1. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    About a month ago I spotted a doe with a badly broken leg hanging out real close to my feeder. She had a fawn with her and I was hoping she would eat my corn and heal through her injury. Well yesterday my son found her dead...only she's a he. I was very surprised to see it was an adult buck. Only because of the fawn that was hanging with him.

2. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    The skull looks large but the pedicels were shaped odd, the deer was clearly in bad health and I wonder if that is the cause for the head gear looking like it does. I'm going to let Mother nature clean him up and see if I can tell what happened to his leg and look at the skull closer. But this was no button buck.

3. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Well that sucks! Hard to believe that was a buck with that little one!

4. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    Yeah wonder what the deal was. My simpleton thought was mama got killed and the fawn was just looking for company, the buck was hurt and just tolerated the fawn?

5. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    LOL Sounds about right to me!!! I just remember the talking to you after finding him the first time and both them being there. Sounded like a mamma and a baby to me!

6. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    Unusual as it is, it is just another example of their unpredictability. Thanks for the pics.

7. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

I bet that it was about a 185-195" non-typical with symmetrical drop tines.
    Perhaps it was wounded by a neighbor:toilet:

8. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana

LOL I hope not on the 190"er, and I don't think the neighbor did him in...

did I mention watching 6 cats get out of her car with her the other day !???? :sniper:

9. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    LOL!!! I love the crazy neighbor lady stories!

10. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    well actually Jake was with me and a big black one ran across the driveway from her house. Jake had his blow gun in the truck and I told him to get a dart ready. I kept easing up there and he had it loaded and out the window...I got up to where I could see around her garage and her car was sitting there and the door was open ! She had just pulled in I guess.
    There were 5 more cats IN the car !!!! As I drove past them all ran out and in different directions.

11. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

so how was Jake's aim???lol

12. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    I wouldn't let him shoot since she was home ?

13. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

yea, prolly a good idea....lol dangit.....lol

14. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    Thats why he had the blowgun we were gonna go on a little hunt ! LOL :peepwall:

15. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Catstalkin.....sounds like a plan!!!

16. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    My cousin an I use to shoot them with our bows when we were 10 or 11 yrs old around his dads farm. They always had 20 or 30 of them running around the dairy farm. Sure made some good shooting. We were told to thin them out every couple of years cause they started in breeding. I was a good little boy and did what I was told.